This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Joke4joker

Joke4joker New Metal Member

Don't know, maybe it depends on the country you're from. The player button is on the left of the songs' titles.

2. Rune

Rune Member

There are no song listing at all.....

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

This my friends is what's called selling the soul. If COB's discography suddenly didn't exist, I'm sure Alexi would come up with epic melodic metal. This is just the typical American pounding noise shit. There were no bands above Bodom so they had to mimic worse bands, I guess... I would've liked them to take a more black metalish, even more atmospheric, brutal and climatic style instead of this soulless chugga chugga screamo.

My Bodom verse is straight from one In Flames song. If you played someone Bed of Razors and any In Flames, he'd think My Bodom is an In Flames song. It's remarkable how much they've changed. The songs used to be intricate, a constant energy that transformed like a serpent flying in the sky, they had clear spirit and hymn, heck, even HCDR songs were atmospheric and flowing compared to this. Being harsh, but it's the reality. Why I'm not angry is because this is natural for all artists. They never quite repeat their masterpieces in terms of feeling, just exploring new waters but rarely finding anything worthwhile.

The standards were extremely high, old fans are expecting always for their adored band to discover new pathways to divine listening experiences, but it has to be accepted it's not easy to constantly repeat utter epicness. You need to understand soundworld or song technicality have nothing to do with what makes an epic song. They're very important, but only the reflection of the creative power. Well, I still thank them for at least making a couple amazing riffs and one amazing melody.

4. Falc0n

Falc0n Member

Open it up in Firefox, didn't work for me in Chrome.

5. TauSigmaNova

TauSigmaNova Member

Towards Dead End. Forever.

6. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

I understand your sentiment. You expect more than just traces of the epic Melodic-ness in a heavier package. So do I. To me I get more disappointed by them squandering some of their max potential than what newer music they've been creating. But if you believe that there aren't any(Melodic Death) bands better than Bodom then you have obviously never listened to Sunless Rise, Sympuls-E or Skyfire. These bands take the style into an even higher, more diverse dimension. Hell, had Imperanon kept going they would of probably surpassed them as well.

7. PussyfootMS

PussyfootMS Member

My Bodom was played yesterday on a radio station called WCNI Radio.

8. Joke4joker

What ?!! Has anyone recorded it ?

9. PussyfootMS

PussyfootMS Member

I don't think so, I'm searching at the moment.

10. AlixSB

AlixSB Member

Those samples sound amazing. Especially the last 4. Really can't wait for this week to be over now.

11. Joke4joker

Damn, how come they didn't talk about it anywhere ? How did you know about it ?

12. PussyfootMS

PussyfootMS Member

On COB's facebook page, at visitor posts.

13. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I don't know... but (for me) Bodom has a very unique style(especially the early one), that these specified bands couldn't mimic at all. Skyfire is just awesome, as I wrote before, I didn't really listened to Sympuls-E, but they are very good too and I don't know Sunless Rise, but thanks for the tip I will check it ;) They are technically and sometimes melodically over Bodom, but -and I have to be Joonas here- they don't have this atmosphere, yes they have their atmosphere but as far as I know, they don't have this "raw, wild, energetic, aggressive style mixed up with the lakes and trees" atmosphere and that's make Bodom the only One, imo.

14. Joke4joker

I sent the radio a message to ask if they plan on playing the song again later and if yes when or if not if they could eventually share the song "under the desk".

15. umosay

umosay Member

Did you hear Imperanon's music after their album? Their 2006 demo was miles different, there is a good reason they quit... then the main singer wanted to become purely a vocalist and started singing mainly clean (then joined Norther, what a waste of time that was) and gave up guitar.

16. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Anyone care to record the samples from the Japanese Amazon? I don't get the song list and can't listen to it. You can leave out Morrigan, I Hurt, IWC and Suicide Bomber as I've already heard those.

17. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

I did stumble upon this problem this morning. Like Falc0n said on the last post of the last page, it won't work with Chrome!

18. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Yes I do agree. First 3 albums just have that auroa and raw majestic quality to them. It was the birth of a new style of Melodic Death. It had that same inceptionous ingenuity like the first Swedish bands had in the early 90's. Which is incredibly rare to occur. Really was like Finland putting their stamp on MDM. Unique to Bodom alone But after their sound became birth to a new style of the subgenre. People say mimicked by, but I say build upon by Norther and the others.

So it has become a foundation type sound for others to work with. Skyfire is sick. My favorite band. They are a perfect mix of Atmospheric and Symphonic Melodies with varied Guitars and a Progressive touch. Take the sound to different places. No problem dude. Glad to share great bands with others. Def gotta look more into Sympuls-E. They add Electronic- Techno like Keyboards and their Guitarist fucking Shreds man. And Sunless Rise! They are an insane band. Its like Bodom meets Dragonforce. They go a million miles a minute with a sonic onslaught of every instrument at peak epicness. They only have one 4 song demo. And an early demo with older versions of 2 of those songs.

:

19. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Yeah dude the 2006 Demo. Or Imperanon II. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Heavier but the songs were greatly constructed. You can't tell me Set it Off doesn't fucking slay! Also its a damn shame Virta is now wasting him skills playing Folk crap with Finntroll.

Yeah it is very disappointing how both those bands faded out. Norther, and Aleksi's sudden decline as a musician more so. His cleans on Circle Regenerated were just god awful. Why interfere with Kride's cleans?! Stupid.

20. Sany

Sany Member

Trivium new Album has been leaked and its also comming on 2nd October. So Bodom should not be far away.