This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I write and record oldschool death when I'm bored...

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Fredrik-Ablaze, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Fredrik-Ablaze

... check it out!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7367809/rens.mp3

Written, played, recorded, mixed and somewhat mastered by yours truly in 3 hours, actually I just wanted to try out my new Behringer HM300, must say that it sounds pretty close to the HM2 I used to own.

2. drope934

drope934 Member

sounds old school, but I dislike the voice :/ otherwise for the gender, it's good I think.

3. Ascendant

Ascendant Member

Vocals sound muddy and dark (as in lacking high end), could use some creative EQing at least. Not really liking the guitar tone either and I can't say it reminds me that much of the HM2, it sounds way more fizzy and lacks some of the punch, could just be the cab and micing I guess or excessive hp filtering. *shrug* The song itself does sound kinda funny though, it's like Bloodbath meets Deathklok.

4. Fredrik-Ablaze

The "cab" is the Blackstar 1W combo, could have something to do with the lack of "punch" ;-)

I have most of my "good gear" down in the studio now so vox and guitar are miked with a Line Audio CM3 straight into my EMU interface.

I think I got the vibe that I wanted on the recording though, gonna track vocals for a second track tonight. Its my first time growling since 1995 =)

Thanks for listening!

5. GarethSE

GarethSE New Metal Member

this rules \m/