This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ibanez Tube Amp

Discussion in 'Chris Broderick' started by metalgtr84, Jul 26, 2005.

1. metalgtr84

metalgtr84 Alabama Man

2. Lopes

Lopes Fuckin' Dr. of Journalism

I hope they put all the money into the interior components, because the exterior design doesn't look all that impressive.

3. Chris_Broderick

I've heard about them for over a year now and wanted to try them out. I will have to get a hold of Ibanez and find out the scoop.
    Chris.

4. StevieHimself

StevieHimself Member

Yeah I'm curious to try this amp out as well. Though I must say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Peavey Joe Satriani JSX head!! SWEET SHIT!!!

5. Chris_Broderick

\

Well I was invited down to the Ibanez L.A office to demo this amp today, and was really surprised at the tone quality. It has 2 channels one classic and one modern.
    The first channel will go from sparkling clean to a gritty Marshall Tone and do both well. It has your usual EQ, Gain, and Volume, and adds a three position bright switch that works really well.
    The second will go from gritty to heavy gain and has a very Dual Rectifier sound about it. It comes with the usual EQ, Gain, Volume, and adds a damping switch witch compresses the sound a lot adding more gain.

If I had to sum this amp up I would say it sounds like a Dual Rectifier with more gain, and a better clean channel. While this amp doesn't break any new ground it does offer someone on a buget a good sounding tube amp and a great price.
    Chris.

6. metalgtr84

metalgtr84 Alabama Man

But is it better than the 15-watter at the studio? That's what I want to know! ;)

7. Chris_Broderick

comon now!!!! Nothing is better than the 15-watter! Ahahaha
    Chris.

8. StevieHimself

StevieHimself Member

Great hearing that Mike Taft and the gang at Ibanez are taking excellent care of you! Being asked to demo the new amp head must've been a treat! I get my turn to demo it in October for my next clinic here in NJ!!