This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Iconoclast Plot

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by mooselander, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Pamonha

Pamonha Petrified Member

That's a nice way to look the lyrics. That's a known technology effect called socialization of de-socialization, but i think the first one, more similar to prometeheus, fits better.

Couldn't agree more

+1. I don't get it, I also thought it was a joke at first. If you guys have the time and patience, enlight us please.

2. Isaac_de_Moorea

Isaac_de_Moorea Silent Member

All the lyrics are credited Romeo/Allen, except for "Electric Messiah", "Light Up the Night" and "Lords of Chaos" which are just Allen´s.

Music for all, and for "all" I mean the twelve tracks, is just Romeo´s. That was a little bit disappointing. :( I could say why, but don´t want to turn this thread in another "Bitching Thread" :rolleyes:.

3. javie

javie New Metal Member

FYI and FWIW, the full and official title of the original novel by Mary Shelly, if you include its subtitle, is actually "Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus".

4. Detective Clarence Beauregard

Well that pretty much confirms it! Thanks for the info!

5. CantoX

CantoX Member

Bastards of the machine is like how people perceive that they have choice. The verses are talking about how you have a choice to be good or evil, to do right or wrong, but actually it doesn't matter because your life doesn't matter, because you are a bastard of the machine. You're just a human being who is no one important and your choices in life make almost no impact whatsoever.

6. Mattofla

Mattofla New Metal Member

I feel like I would enjoy the album so much more if I spent a few hours mapping out a story for it.