This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Imaginaerum - The Movie

Discussion in 'Nightwish (unofficial)' started by nodoubtaholic, Feb 21, 2012.

1. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

A Pacific Ocean Soul (California, United States)
    Kiitos, Enigma! This looks great, and we've already got it posted on all our sites. :D

2. Twaddlefish

Twaddlefish New Metal Member

I will bet money that this movie is just as pretentious and annoying as the album it accompanies. The Score is actually quite nice and the stills look very Tim Burton-esque, but I'm not expecting much from this tbh.

3. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

I wonder now with Anette's departure what will happen with the movie premiere? I mean, she *was* in the movie!

4. crimrose

crimrose Hiding M&M's in a lamb

I hope that they don't just edit her out. That would be an insult to her and the work she put into it.

I also wonder what's going to happen with the premiere of the movie. It SUCKS, plain and simple, that they're going to show the movie and then have a Nightwish concert, and Anette will NOT be part of it. It seems to cheapen that experience a little. Who knows. Maybe they'll be able to throw money at her and she'll do it just for the night, if she is physically and mentally able. I hope so, for the fans.

5. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Or at the very least, she will attend the premiere, if she's unable to perform.

6. pere

pere Feral falcon

It occurred to me as well: if they indeed parted ways in mutual agreement, who knows, maybe she could be willing to hit the stage once more, perhaps just one song, a special number together with Floor even. Well, I'm not sure if that's realistic at all, if all the parties involved would go along etc., but we'll find out soon enough.

A confession: I actually bought a ticket just a few days ago. I'm still not crazy about the idea of first seeing a gig and then sitting another 2 hours or so for the movie, that's why I didn't plan to go in the first place. But YT clips of recent gigs with Floor just started to get to me, I want to check this out, and even more so in case she doesn't end up as the permant vocalist (well, what is permanent in NW...). Anyways, the temptation was just too much when I saw tickets were still available.

7. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

That's great, Pere! Both you and Enigma are going to the show, so you must both tell us how it was!

8. jadelion

jadelion Member

I don't really understand why they split a few weeks before the movie comes out. If it really was so amicable then why didn't they say Annette was pulling out for health reasons, let her have any treatment needed in peace and then make the announcement she has permanently left later on once the movie has sold copies? That would have benefited everyone wouldn't it? Why do they want this before the movie? They think it will draw attention to the movie somehow to have all this debate and publicity or it wasn't really that amicable? If she is cut out then it probably wasn't amicable, otherwise why cut her and everyone will know it.

But anyway that wasn't what I wanted to say, I don't really care about their boring dramas.

I think the movie is a Christmas movie and that's why they release it in November, I think I know what part of the plot is. I don't know if I should say or not? Should I? I only know a piece of it, not the whole plot. I was trying to not say anything for a long time because you don't want to do that to Nightwish but why bother now? Someone speculating about the plot is the least of their problems, plus I have been put off liking the band since I was banned from one of their sites.

9. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

I really don't think she will be cut out of the movie; I'm not too savvy on how films are made but I would think that since the movie is out in just a month, there would be no time to edit the footage and to still have it released on schedule.

10. pere

pere Feral falcon

11. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Kiitos, Pere! :)

12. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

In the www.blistering.com interview with Tuomas in late September he talked about the US tour, Imaginaerum film and the plans for the upcoming premier & concert in Helsinki.

Quote from the interview pt2
    Hmm... 8000 people may be a modest estimate. This week the promoter launched the last rows of the nose-bleed seats for sale due the huge demand. I think that the visibility to the screen form the upper rafters will be poor if they do not hang additional screens to serve the back of the Arena. Maybe a good idea to bring your binoculars with you :p

13. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Kiitos, Enigma! Straight to the sites this goes!

14. kathleenkat

kathleenkat Member

Sounds like they were planning on ending another era in that same arena :)

15. C.

C. OSA Webmistress

Yes, from the looks of things, it seems that's exactly what was going to happen.

16. Traxan

Traxan Member

It will be interesting to see if Floor gets as loud and as positive a reaction there as she has here.

17. jadelion

jadelion Member

There's this small little thing here. Really its quite minor I don't think anyone will be interested......

trailer

18. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

Finally! The official trailer is online!

Trailer was first released by Iltalehti.fi

#78 St Enigma, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  19. AmaranthNightphoenix

AmaranthNightphoenix New Metal Member

Now that I've watched it about four times in a row and picked my jaw up off the floor...

...damn.

O_O

20. nodoubtaholic

nodoubtaholic Member

I can't wait!!! This made me really excited! This would be a movie I would be interested in regardless of Nightwish's involvement. I love the premise. This is going to be fantastic.