This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Ilias7, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8SPo19pTqi/?igshid=eh9m3k6zgylz

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8SPo19pTqi/?igshid=eh9m3k6zgylz

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PQbJ-nYMc/?igshid=tqn869xlf2ae

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8FgR5UnH4c/?igshid=iuibj5p1t2lm

The boys are back in LA. They are in Howard Benson's studio. Mike Plotnikoff is there. Anders is recording vocals. They are using the hashtags #inflames and #oldguysrule. Everything points to a new album being released probably by the end of this year (just a guess).

Long time no see, guys. I have some things going on in my life right now, but I will try to reply this thread as much as I can.

ciko_gfb likes this.
  2. A88

A88 Bottled - really not the worst IF song ever.

No way it's going to be this year. Maybe en EP or something...

What do you guys think about the new Sylosis album?

3. krofius

krofius Active Member

There's 0% chance they are releasing an album this year. Probably just a song or something, doesn't even have to one they are releasing, might be for some other project for someone else, who knows. But you can just check their tour schedule and you already know they're not recording an album this year. Plus there's no way there's been any time for Björn to write a bunch of material since they just came home from tour.

4. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Wow, they're recording already? Thats cool. Although I think they recorded I the Mask at 2018 and released it 2019 so thats normal I guess. Another new thread boys, here we go!

5. krofius

krofius Active Member

6. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I don't think IF have released an album in two consecutive years since Colony/Clayman 20 years ago, so I'd be surprised if anything is released before 2022. Their schedule now is more like one album every three years or so.

7. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

Finally, the unreleased song from the ASOP sessions rears its head...

Nah, it’s gonna be Everlost Pt. III.

Jester Slave likes this.
  8. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

That would be great, because the odd numbered Everlost parts are great.

9. Vermyn

Vermyn Member

Well it seemed like the last album release was pushed back 2-3 months wasn’t it? If so, then the time frame between battles and I, the mask are much closer to 2 years. New album this year I doubt, but a song or two with new album spring next year sounds more likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if they covered a Megadeth song for the upcoming tour.

10. galvanized

galvanized Member

Clayman Pt II

20 years since its release. Time for a reprise.

11. A88

I heard they gonna do another TJR...

12. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Speaking of TJR, check out these batshit insane reviews from Encylopedia Metallum:

https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/In_Flames/The_Jester_Race/187/super_bum/70897

https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/In_Flames/The_Jester_Race/187/Lord_Of_Diamonds/491990

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

First review must have been written by @Jester Slave , come on bro, admit it.

Second review is just hilarious. It's like a parody of what an elitist metal dickhead would write if he had to review a classic MDM album. So ridiculous that it can't be taken seriously. The fact Lord of Diamonds spent so long writing this is a testament to the boring life he must lead. Seriously, bro, get out more.

A88 likes this.
  13. galvanized

galvanized Member

Total troll post. Took 25 years for someone to build up enough Cheeto dust on their dick to post that drivel.

14. A88

"There is a difference between making cool harmonies work and ABUSING harmonies!"

Ahem... No.

15. galvanized

galvanized Member

Any intel on the new song? I’m hoping for another energetic electronic collab like Self vs Self. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago.

16. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Livin' La Vida Loca cover apparently. Not a metal cover either, just a cover.

17. Riamu

Riamu Member

18. galvanized

galvanized Member

We Will Remember (Brazilian Wax Remix)

19. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

I like that chiptune version of I, the Mask they released on Spotify. It's well-made (also makes learning the guitar parts easier).

"Through My Eyes" showed up on my commute shuffle today. Not going to lie, I still dig it. Give that shit some Come Clarity production and I'm pretty sold on it. That's the problem with a lot of newer IF for me. Give everything from ASOP onward some good CC production -- or, better, Fredrik Nordstrom -- and I can get behind the vast majority of it, rather than feel like I'm getting watered down versions of songs I otherwise really like. The guitar tone on Siren Charms is like sliding into a fucking jacuzzi for me, but the shitty drum sound just fucks it all up.

Like, I was always pretty meh on "The End." Then I heard it live a few months ago. Totally different energy. It was great. It has no power on the album itself. Imagine if Roberto Laghi produced Colony, or if Howard Benson produced The Jester Race. Shit drives me up the wall to this day. Somebody save me...

#19 ThePhobiac, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  20. galvanized

galvanized Member

Good catch on this. Seems like this Arcade album is the new album. What do you guys think?

From this article https://staging.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-releases-arcade-version-of-i-the-mask-album/

In other news, IN FLAMES has announced a limited-edition Jesterhead figurine, available March 20. The figurine features the band's longtime mascot and highlight of the album's artwork, the Jesterhead.

That would explain the figurine in Benson’s picture.