This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by PlainVanilla, Feb 1, 2016.

1. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

The fact that he wrote it to his song don't make the lyrics good.

2. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

He's been sober for a time now, so I don't what's your source for this statement.

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

One thing I do agree with Slave on is that Stand Ablaze should have been played more often live. It sounds great in the few live recordings available from that era, even though Anders changes a lot of the original lyrics.

I actually think Stand Ablaze should have been rerecorded instead of Clad in Shadows on Colony. CiS is a cool song, but Stand Ablaze is a cut above it imo and it would have given both Lunar and Sub some coverage as rerecordings.

I'm guessing the reason the band shied away from it then, and still do, is because the original lyrics are about purposefully setting oneself on fire and burning to death. I don't think the band wants to associate with that kind of message and I understand that. Anders probably thought if he officially rewrote the lyrics on a rerecording there would be some kind of backlash from the elitist assholes, so better to just leave it be and pick a different song.

4. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    Yeah, I remember Anders changing "seeking sanctuary from this world, contrary" into "sinking to grave from this world, you scare me" (at least in some of the live versions). Maybe he was intentionally trying to make the song more positive?

Anders could rewrite the text now that most of the elitist assholes have stopped following the band. :)

5. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

My problem with Jesper is that he is a coward. He says things then he backs out like a bitch. For sure I called him a phoney, when he poses with SC with a thumbs up, then vomits out his hatred on Anders and SC. By the same logic, I could accuse you of only sucking his dick when you want to trash new flames, but casually ignore that he personally dislikes LS.

Not sure why you get so hung up on me hating and not understanding Behind Space. I am sure you looked at certain setlists and scratched your head, asking yourself "why play this and why so much?" I never told you to stop asking those questions, I just gave you an answer, like I think TCP is good and serves many purposes on the setlist.

But I don't think BS is good, and I think Stand Ablaze is not only strictly better, but hits closer to what IF eventually became (TJR-Clayman era, not R2R+). And my main disappointment is with SA not getting the recognition it should've gotten - yes, I believe it could've been the O.G. Cloud Connected -, and not with it not substituting BS.

And for the love of god, don't bring up some of the recent setlists, I am aware that they could've been much better. But you know, back then IF was good or something.

@eochaid It's not good. And it's not bad. Simple as that.

As for Jesper... great, he's fine now. Can't wait for his projects to be finally released. Soon. Right? Oh, wait...

Anyway, I wish the best for the dude, I don't want to hear about him hanging by his belt as well.

6. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

You talked about him being an alcoholic and now changed subjects. I agree, he looks like a coward when he deletes criticism and then praises their new works when everybody knows, or think to know, what are his real thoughts.

So, since he is fighting his alcoholism, let's say that your previous statement was wrong and your last is more accurate.

7. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

What it's not good and bad? I'm lost here :p

8. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

September new single and November album. And then he should have released more works since he left than his ex bandmates. Not bad for someone that's not working at all :p

9. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Also changing subject to stop all that negativity usually coming from little jester, these days I'm listening a lot to winter's gate and it is an amazing album, far better than I gave credit when I first listened to it.

10. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

He basically removed all the suicidal references and replaced them with vague "woe is me, my life is so hard" stuff. Standard Anders really. Probably best that he doesn't rewrite the lyrics now, god knows what he'd end up turning them into. Not to mention 75% of the song would be sung in that nasally tone and half the guitar melodies will be replaced be shitty studio synths. I'd rather have Subterranean's Stand Ablaze than a SC/Battles version.

Oh, and Slave, TCP's only purpose on a setlist is to put the audience to sleep. It sucks.

11. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    You have a point. The alternate lyrics he sang in the 90's worked fine, but the present day Anders quite possibly couldn't do the song justice.

12. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I do still see people on their facebook page comment that they should rerecord some of the older stuff like they did with Behind Space and Clad in Shadows. What they're forgetting is that In Flames rerecorded those songs when they were at their peak in the late 90's, and still a melodic death metal band. The Alt Rock/Metal In Flames of 2017 with only Anders and Bjorn remaining need to stay well away from the older material. They would definitely not do it justice. If they want to play it live then okay, but rerecordings should be out of the question.

Fortunately, neither Anders or Bjorn have ever expressed any desire to rerecord the older stuff so I don't think it'll ever happen. They're more likely to cover an entire Nine Inch Nails album (Slave would love that) than rerecord anything off Lunar or Sub.

13. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I've never been hugely into Insomnium, the vocals don't do much for me. I might have to give them another go at some point.

I had an N'Flaymz playlist on yesterday whilst cleaning the kitchen, and it was surprising how smoothly Sleepless Again transitioned into With Eyes Wide Open. The guitar tone on that song is so similar to ASOP that it could probably be inserted into that album without an eyebrow being raised.

14. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Agreed. Re recording old stuff must have a purpose, at least other than pleasing some fans.

15. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Dunno, I have not listened to sc in years and I find wewo boring.

16. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I did not like their cleans, but I've listened a lot to them in the last few months and I'm liking them a lot, with the exception of a few songs. These four are probably the ones that made me listen to them with more interest:

And winter's gate is definitely worth a listening.

17. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

I listen to Insomnium all the time, all their albums. Probably about once a month. There's no bad song in my opinion but my top ones would be, in no order, Daughter of the Moon, Lay of the Autumn, Last Statement, Unsung, Change of Heart, Drawn to Black. Shit, I could go on and on.

eochaid likes this.
  18. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I've been regularly listening to them for the past few months and never grow tired of it.

I like how they keep on adding new layers to their music with every album.

19. A88

A88 Bottled - really not the worst IF song ever.

They never did a bad album or a bad song. Prob. the best melodeath band today.

Jester313 and eochaid like this.
  20. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I was listening to the Passenger album last night. It struck me that if it was released today under the In Flames banner people would probably hail it as some kind of masterpiece. Krofius would be like "DEM GROWLZ DOE" and Slave would be demanding that Circles opened shows.

Funny thing is I thought at the time and still think that the Passenger album was good, and I wish Anders had taken his nu metal/alt metal tendencies there and left In Flames as melodic metal. But dat money, I guess.