This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Jabi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Jester Slave

Jester Slave Narcissist

That last chorus wasn't so bad. He did participate in Rob Zombie's "don't fucking sing anything, because you can't" school at the beginning though.

2. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    Well, I didn't mean Jesper's opinions dictate whether an album can possibly be "sellout" or not. And I wasn't even thinking much of ASOP or newer albums there, actually. Ciko just happened to bring up those old ultra-elitist fans who said "Gayman" was a sellout album. I pointed out one reason I disagree - even the most old school metal guy of the band stood behind Clayman, and Reroute too, for that matter. I could add Clayman still sounds very much like the band who did Colony, and Reroute wasn't as different as it's made to be--in my opinion it wasn't THAT much the music itself, but the production.

I'm not saying STYE was teh sellout, necessarily; I just think it's more understandable if someone wants to argue it was because to me, it's the most "American" record In Flames ever made, and rather different from both R2R and CC. Could've been a calculated move but could've also been just a natural need to experiment and/or the result of having been influenced by some American bands while touring there.

3. galvanized

galvanized Active Member

Friend, yes, agree.
    Bottled, no. This song is so fucking bland and I’m sorry a 20 second half ass solo/bridge thing doesn’t make up for it.
    In Search for I, half of it. Like, all the way up to 2:00. After that the song starts to venture into some weird groove metal territory that I don’t think they ever did before. In fact this song kind of proves the point that they “went American” or “lost their fucking mind” halfway through the song LOL.

4. galvanized

galvanized Active Member

The thing about Clayman is they evolved or sold out or whatever you want to call it to appeal to the larger metal audience. Power metal fans, heavy metal fans, pretty much anybody in the scene could relate to Clayman in some way. It was just good solid metal music. But still, the most they sold out was to metal, not to the general public. Unless you were some sort of hardcore ideological melodic death metaler it didn’t matter much. It’s not like MDM had as much cult ideology as old school BM or DM anyway. And if you cared that much you would have abandoned them several albums earlier. Maybe after TJR. Or maybe right before.

With R2R the music was pretty similar but they definitely went another step further to appeal to people outside the traditional metal scene. Totally agree the music was pretty similar but their image (wearing jumpsuits), downtuning guitars, and also the production all said nu metal.

Then with STYE they finally changed the music appreciably too. And they did it to get rich. Which is the definition of selling out.

5. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Just watched a new interview with Anders, he said they're going to tour till the end of this year and will think about whats next on new year. He said we're working on something but thats it, no info. I don't think we're gonna get a new album at least till March, I hope I'm wrong.

6. Vermyn

Vermyn Member

Fuck...

7. Vermyn

Vermyn Member

I may have watched the same interview. At the end he says they are going to celebrate the holidays with family, then think about the next move. There “may be a new album” but that’s all he can say. I know Anders likes to give hints, but jeez we go from certain to might be. Not sure if I like the vide much.

8. Vermyn

Vermyn Member

He does smile though. I think they may release the borgholm brinner documentary with an album at the same time maybe. Who knows...

9. Ilias7

Ilias7 Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqTds6uhE90/
    New single is coming!

Anders, Bjorn, Niclas and Bryce posted this piece of art with those lyrics. There is a hashtag #iamabove, probably the new song title.
    I guess Anders didn't want to reveal too much in this interview...Finally, the teasing has begun!

#989 Ilias7, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Jaymzkrueger, ciko_gfb and Vermyn like this.
  10. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

You read the man. Someone cut his throat.

11. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Lyrics are typical Anders. Artwork looks like something out of a pre-school colouring book.

eochaid likes this.
  12. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/an...-can-without-losing-the-essence-of-in-flames/

: "We released an album called 'Battles' and that was released two years ago, I think. We are working on something, and people who know what we sound like today will definitely recognize it, but there are elements there that will feel a little bit new here and there. With IN FLAMES, we don't want to change it too much, but we want to change a little from album to album. It's still important for us to have the melody, that's the first thing. We grew up on melody and melody is everything for us. Then you can do a lot of things, of course. It's very melodic and heavy at the same time."

I'm not sure that I want to listen to the new album. I'm not sure if he has listened to his previous albums.

13. galvanized

galvanized Active Member

I’m starting to get tired of this “all about the melody” bullshit. It’s not like a 4 chord verse plus a 4 chord chorus is some rare melodical achievement. Unless you are old school death, black, hardcore/punk, or obscure noisecore you will have some melody. Basically they are saying nothing every time they say this.

eochaid likes this.
  14. galvanized

galvanized Active Member

I like the artwork. Those lyrics are lame though.

15. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Hyped!! I was sad when I heard the interview with Anders but this feels good, hope we can hear it soon.

16. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

I saw this on a Russian site, saying that it will be released on 07.12.2018.

[​IMG]

#996 ciko_gfb, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  17. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

It's been their go-to cliche for literally a decade or more now. Melody in general wasn't their trademark, it was very specifically dual-guitar melodies. Without those the In Flames people remember will never correlate with the modern corporate version of the band.

18. galvanized

galvanized Active Member

Wow, interesting info. So a couple more weeks for this single to drop?

I must say I’m getting a little worried that this is going to be a total nu metal album. I see kids artwork, I see asymmetric masks, I see stitches, references to mental illness... to me it looks like they are going all in on the nu metal.

19. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

20. Riamu

Riamu Member

ciko_gfb likes this.