This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

in flames next cd?

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by silentplanetscot, Nov 9, 2002.

1. silentplanetscot

silentplanetscot New Metal Member

who thinks it will be in the vein of r2r(although i love that cd iam not slagging it off like others)or will they return to there roots,and was r2r something they had to get out of there system?

2. thunderstruck67

thunderstruck67 Master of the Thunder

If their progression to date is any indication, they'll continue in the same vein. I'm not sure what will be next...no death vocals at all? All power chords? I'm not sure, I'd really hope for a return to the dual guitar melodies.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Savage Messiah

I'm dissapointed at In Flames, because they told the interviewer before r2r were released, that the new cd (reroute to remain) were going to sound more like Jester Race than clayman.

damn..

4. silentplanetscot

silentplanetscot New Metal Member

bit of a cock up then wasnt it?

5. Opeth V

Opeth V New Metal Member

I don't know either.

I mean, sometimes when the fan base of a particular band hates the direction the band is going it, they go back to the original formula. That's not very artistic, though.

A band should try to do new things. I agree with most of you that the new In Flames is really lacking when it comes to variety and overall composition. If they are trying something new, then they are just going backwards. Band imo should try to push whatever they have going for themselves to the absolute limits. The new album does not really sound like that. However, it does sound very experimental. You can tell that In Flames is trying to take nu-metal and perfect it. They also have that one country song, which quite frankly has no place on any of their record much less the new one.

The guitar work on the new cd is especially disappointing, too.
    But I think a band should do whatever they feel is right. If In Flames feels like this is the route that they want to take, then let them take it and see what they can do.
    If they are doing this to tap into the nu-metal scene here in America, well then forget them. I don't know really. I just hope that whatever they do next will be more balanced. It's alright to try new things. I like diversity, but to forget your routes, and to suddenly make cheap sounding music is just disappointing.

6. Dmanx Pit

Dmanx Pit Jester of Tranquillity

Well, my take in R2R was that they were trying to do the Soilwork thing, and it didn't work as well as they planned. I have no idea what their next cd will sound like, but it could make or break them.

7. warwick

warwick what ever!!!!!

who gives a fuck,,they will do what they whant,that`s it!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Final_Vision

Final_Vision This is Not an Exit

its gonna be in the vein of R2R.....bet your bottom dollar (kronor, Euro, Lira)

9. Arch

Arch ‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*

You can't believe everything you read and hear, or you'll just be gullible.

10. Villain

Villain Doctor BenQuillity

Warwick: True, they do what they want - we just enjoy speculating these things to make our days less boring. ;)

That's very true. Long before Projector was out, Niklas or Mikael said in some interview that DT's next album would be more brutal than The Mind's I. :D And once Projector was done, they were saying that their next album might have a lot more clean vocals and slow/long songs. :cool:

And we all know what happened...

-Villain

11. Dark_Jester

Dark_Jester Unrepentant sentient

Sundin opened a take-away and Stanne made a guest appearance on Neighbours?

12. BiatchGuy

BiatchGuy tired and rundown

I remember before Megadeth brought out Risk, Dave was going around saying "half of it sounds like Peace Sells"

..maybe he meant the top half, without music on it, b/c the side I put in my CD player certainly didn't sound like any Peace Sells material!

13. Ormir

Ormir Senior Member

Makes me think of the interview where Niklas said Projector would be their most fast and brutal album...

14. wildfyr

wildfyr unus spiritus est

:lol: :lol:

damn right!!