This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by krofius, Jan 14, 2011.

1. fonzbear2000

fonzbear2000 Member

Come on Amazon with the audio samples! Queensryche's new album is due out June 28th and they have them up.

2. Kake21

Kake21 Member

Sounds of a Playground Fading WILL be their best work since Clayman.

A New Dawn is so good. His cleans are great and his 'screams' are like ASOP but so much heavier - no whiny effect at all.

Great melodies and honestly this is AMAZING. Definitely has that unique feel to it. It's like In Flames have once again changed their sound but with inspiration from their older material.

3. xdrifterx

xdrifterx Member

The guitar on this is pretty amazing =o

4. bluestar

bluestar Member

Just listened to "A new dawn": Perfect mix of older and new In Flames plus a brilliant mid-part. So just more exciting about the new album. I hate superlatives but it might be a masterpiece.

5. Kake21

Kake21 Member

Never been so excited for an album. I literally can't wait.

6. Kake21

Kake21 Member

Hey, the 15 'guests' on this thread... Stop lurking and join the forums :)

Share your opinions.

7. Dimension91

Dimension91 Member

Hi there! First post, though I've lurked around here for a couple of years.

I must say, Deliver Us is quite good for what it is, a typical new era In Flames song. However, nothing special.
    The title track is a bit better than Deliver Us in my opinion. However, it still lacks in some parts. I don't know what, I think I just don't like the typical intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus-outro song structure. It gets too predictable.

However, this A New Dawn is definitely the best from the album that I've heard so far. I wouldn't call it completely Colony-like, but it's a great track nonetheless.

Looking forward to the new album, even though I don't expect anything near as great as the TJR->Clayman albums.

8. ThePhobiac

ThePhobiac be at ease

If you say so. ;)

I stayed up until 7:24 AM waiting for one of you guys to upload "A New Dawn" onto Youtube and now that I'm listening to it...man, I got up out of my chair, held the door to make sure nobody would come in, and headbanged to the point where my neck...somewhat hurts. And I never headbang. It's a fantastic song.

Been a fan of In Flames for years now, own everything by them, and everything I've heard from SOAPF has been amazing so far. I can honestly say that this is the hardest wait for an album I've ever endured.

...Huh. That felt good, actually. Fanboyish or not, those are my thoughts at the moment.

9. cutamerc

cutamerc For great Justice.

1st post here too. Every page on this thread has been worth the read.

Joonamsm, thanks again for the upload. We appreciate your service to the IF community.

Noob's rant:

Ander's vocals are <<<<PERFECTION>>>>. I own and love everything in flames, old to new. Still, his vocals are the main draw of the band for me. They are truly unique and bring a feel to their music that just isn't found anywhere else. Well, maybe outside Smashing pumpkins :) !!!

Deliver us Video: Weak Sauce

Thanks to all for sharing the new album with us, IF we trust.

10. PlainVanilla

PlainVanilla Dickhead Jester

This one is simply fantastic !

11. serbusfish

serbusfish Madman with a Box

Awesome someone finally was able to share it with us, gotta say im impressed, to me Anders' vocals sound a little different on this one, in the verses it almost sounds like he's about to break out the old school growl. Looking forward to this album even more now after hearing this.

12. Kake21

Kake21 Member

^Completely agree.

Personally I feel like it's ASOP 'screams' but without that whiny tone to it, making it sound great.

13. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I really have to disagree man, I hear nothing of ASOP in Anders growls on this track. Production wise that shit is right out of CC, his growls themselves haven't sounded that good since Colony. They've been stuck in a high register since Clayman, barring a few parts on certain songs. This is the first song in a long time where he's used those types of lower growls for an extended time... it's great to hear. His growling voice sounds extremely healthy.

14. Kake21

Kake21 Member

I see what you mean. With a more thorough listen, I can probably say that Anders' vocals in the verses are very heavy and 'crunchy' but when the chorus kicks in, I still get that ASOP feel but without the whiny effect.

15. MortalShare456

MortalShare456 New Metal Member

Wow, i thought Deliver Us and SoaPF were pretty good but a New Dawn is just mind-blowing! Love the violins and Anders' growls :D I think we can be quite sure this album is going to beat asop hard :D

16. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Agreed on the chorus, it's (unfortunately) similar to ASOP in that regard, though the cleans also reminded me of the first break ('Follow your instinct...') in System...

17. Zenadi

Zenadi New Metal Member

There is like 10 pages about Anders vocals. The biggest reason these songs sounds good is björn. I think im not the only one who was worried about this new record because Jesper was not involved. I allways thought jesper was pretty much the guy who made in flames songs and melodies great. You have to give a hand to björns playing and solos so far. Really sounds like hes been practicing alot like he said.

18. Dimension91

Dimension91 Member

I agree.

The biggest complaint I have is that I really miss the Fredman sound. Had this song been recorded in such a sound, it would have been even better IMO.

19. Kake21

Kake21 Member

Yeah, the interlude and solo in A New Dawn is very melodic and I really like it.

Too bad this is only a radio rip and because I'm a complete audiophile, I probably won't fully enjoy the song until the actual album is released.

But yes, I can see that Bjorn has done lots of practice and certainly hasn't let the band down... The songs that I've heard from SOAPF is (to me) the best material I've heard from IF since Clayman.

Perhaps the full album could even be on-par with Clayman. Not similarity wise, but music wise.

20. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I find that unlikely bro... people were saying the same thing when ASOP came out, but I don't think many, if anybody, would place ASOP anywhere close to Clayman now.

I think this album has the potential to be very close to R2R though. Even if this album came out and only had SOAPF, Deliver Us and A New Dawn on it, it'd still be miles ahead of STYE and ASOP :D