This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In Memoriam

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by The_Q, Sep 13, 2005.

1. The_Q

The_Q No More Posts

Man, I was so excited an hour ago for the festivities starting tomorrow. That is until I heard that a good friend of mine Mike passed away. It put everything in perspective. Mike suffered from a debilitating lung disease. As he was dealing with this issue he acquired Lupus. All through the four years of his ordeal he never ever complained. He'd tell me what was going on with himself but it was always in control. He was a great friend and I am going to miss him a lot. He left behind a wife and two children. I am going to do everything I can to make sure that they don't "need" anything ever. So,if you see me in a very sad state down Atlanta you don't have to ask why. I know he's in a better place and free of pain finally and that is a HUGE comfort. But I'll miss him. Here's to you "Magnum" Mike, wherever you are!

-Sean

2. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and friends...

=(

Although I didn't personally know him, it's always sad to see someone passing away and leaving great friends behind (like you, Q) and a family... I am sure he will be missed.

3. Dark One

Dark One The Tainted Dogma

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope the festival is able to provide some comfort for you, as well as the knowledge that your friend is at peace.

4. Evil

Evil Drunken Bastard

my condolences as well man.... live it up for him.. if it helps

5. kittybeast

kittybeast Member

with deepest sympathy I'm sorry you lost a good friend. He will stay in your heart always.

6. Pellaz

Pellaz Tigron of Immanion

My sympathies as well. :sigh:

Lupus is an odd one. One of my co-workers years ago had it, and she founded the National (?) Lupus Society to help combat it. She later became President Emeritus, which basically meant no money, but a free ride to their annual conference. I've contributed to them (through payroll deduction) most years since then. This year I'll think of your loss, too.

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 METAL... nuff said!

We'll raise a toast to praise his life, not mourn his death, when we're all down there with you, bro.

8. metalmaiden

metalmaiden Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I agree a toast should be made in his honor.

9. BABS

BABS Member

I understand where you are at Sean. My mom passed away on August 27th, I didn't want to say anything here because I knew there were a few people here with loved ones suffering from cancer as well. She had gone into hospice care and lasted only two days there.

So I've got Deb, Alicia, Jax on guard and they realize that I might have weepy moments and they are still willing to put up with me.

I can't tell you how many people who have said "Oh Barb, it was a blessing wasn't it?" And for me, I would have taken care of her forever than to not have her to speak to anymore. It hurts no matter what the circumstances.

I'll be on the lookout for you Sean and we can commiserate together.