This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

In the U.S....

Discussion in 'Chris Broderick' started by Mike G, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Mike G

Mike G New Metal Member

So I have been playing classical guitar for a number of years (4 or something like that). I'm only 15 and I have been thinking about going to university for a bachelor of music in performance. I'm living in Toronto (Canada) right now and I might be moving to Chicago.

So to my point... in Canada we have a thing called the Royal conservatory of music where you go through grades up to grade 10 (I'm in grade 7) and I do all sorts of exams and shit like that for it. In Canadian universities, you need to have at least grade 8 to get accepted. So I'm wondering is there something like this in the States as well? I googled it and only found something for piano. Considering you are the only really good classical player in the States I know, and you are really accomplished (according to your website) I figured you or someone else on this board probably knows the answer to my question.

Thanks a lot

Mike :headbang:

2. AngleofDeaf667

I live in Australia and we have exams for that kind of stuff but ours only goes up to 8. I'm pretty sure they would have it in the States aswell. I pretty sure England have it aswell. Sorry i can't help you about the exact details but im pretty sure they do have it.

3. NevermoreMan90

NevermoreMan90 Jeff Loomis Fanboi!

Housing in Chicago is expensive as fuck.

4. Mike G

Mike G New Metal Member

Thanks guys for the input. I guess it sorta answers my question...:erk:

But anyways its cheaper than you might think with the exchange rate for us Canadians these days...

5. futureguitarlegend

futureguitarlegend tmnj era shredder(get it?

bro same ehre, only i want to learn classical. im gogni to attend UM for classical gutiar then GIT in MI. i just cahgned from death emtal to neo classical and classical

6. r_young112

r_young112 aspiring shredder

good point

better point

canadas money > US's right now