This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

That said, if they are right and this is over a matter of just $3000, I would expect KMW to easily be able to cover that.

Whatever is happening that we may not be privvy to, I do hope KMW keep their doors open. They're good people who have brought out some great bands.

2. Pethical

Pethical Tom

3. Nam Taf

Nam Taf Member

Hey guys,

If anyone was planning on going to the Lamb of God/In Flames show in Sydney on Monday, but cannot any more OR has a spare ticket available, I'd be strongly interested in buying it. Please let me know via email (sexinabox @ hotmail.com) if you have one spare, or know of someone who does, as I would like to go now that I am able to :)

If this is not the right place to post this, I apologise profusely! It seemed the most logical location, however!

4. Crabby

Crabby Member

"It is with regret that Soundworks Touring informs the Metal public that Melbourne's The Red Shore have decided to pull out of the inaugural Australian Summer Slaughter Tour, scheduled for March 2009.

Here is an official statement from the band-

"We regret to inform our Australian fans and also the fans of the Summer Slaughter tour, that due to various reasons, The Red Shore will no longer be able to participate in the tour. Throughout the last few months we felt that certain circumstances pertaining to the tour did not suit the band and this coupled with some ongoing medical problems with some of our members and some financial constraint simply means that opting out of this tour was the best thing for the band at this point in time. We hope you will all still go to the shows and support both Aussie Metal and Metal worldwide. Thanks."

Local openers will be announced on Monday, February 23, after the Battle Of Bands results have been decided this weekend. The monstrous bill also features Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Aborted and The Faceless.

Tickets to this event continue to sell fast, so get in quick before they all go and be part of the most extreme metal event this summer."

5. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

AC/DC In Talks To Play Australia In October - Feb. 20, 2009

Sam Kelton of AdelaideNow reports that negotiations are underway to bring the AC/DC home to Adelaide, Australia.

According to industry insiders, the veteran rockers are expected to perform at AAMI Stadium in October.

The band's record label Sony Music said "nothing had been confirmed" when contacted by The Advertiser yesterday but did not dismiss the October tour rumors.

AC/DC's last visit to Adelaide was on the 2001 "Stiff Upper Lip" tour which kicked off in Australia.

The band is expected to wind down its "Black Ice" world tour after the Australian shows.

Read more from AdelaideNow.

Fingers crossed they do tour Australia as I'd be very keen to finally catch them live!

6. cowboy

cowboy Member

Home from Soundwave Brisbane. Didn't make a full day of it, what with a 2 day old baby boy at home and everything :) But the girl was happy to give me a leave pass so I went.

Checked out a little of Bloodhound Gang, all of Lacuna Coil and Alice In Chains, and about half of Nine Inch Nails.

SERIOUSLY impressed with the organisation - good venue, plenty of drink and food vendors, good sound quality across the stages, and great music.

Lacuna were awesome as always. Set was way too short, but they did play a brand new song "Spellbound" which I will youtube soon ;)

Alice In Chains were great and Nine Inch Nails were superb.

7. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

the red shore seriously fucking sucks
    the only reason anyone gives a shit about them is cause they were in that accident last year
    bleh

8. LegionsOfTheDead

uumm No. Granted they did gain a lot of publicity from that, (who wouldn't honestly...) but they did have their aussie and overseas record deals before that happened, and were in the process of recording the album. When Jake (the drummer) from the Ocularis Infernum joined, they just got musically a lot more fucking metal.

9. Crabby

Crabby Member

Organisation at Sydney Soundwave was better than last year but the two fucking hour wait to get in was terrible.

AIC were awesome, NIN were decent but probably didn't play the most crowd-pleasing festival set (no Closer for one), Lacuna Coil were good but the new song didn't sound too promising, DEP were fucking killer as alway, Poison The Well were underwhelming and Unearth were mindless Mosh-Metal fun.

10. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

After NiN played "Closer" at Alternative Nation, people started leaving with half a set to go! I'm not surprised Trent doesn't play it anymore. Rumour is he's ending the band after this round of touring.

11. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

I wonder why? Usually the songs that were controversial get a big crowd response...did they just kill their own song live or something?

12. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

No... AN was a pretty shit event. The bands were great, but it was a mudbath, it had rained and there was no shelter and worst of all there was only shit food and no booze. People waited around to hear "Closer" and then left, I guess because they were just sick of it all by then. If you think Soundwave was bad Crabby, you should have been at that show. The main stage ran almost two hours late so the timetable was cocked up and conflicted with two other stages, it was advertised orginally as a licensed event but they changed their minds on the day (Triple M was still advertising it as licensed as I drive there), the original headliners were RHCP and Stone Temple Pilots but they both cancelled and the crowd control was non-existant. But at least I got to see NiN, Faith No More, BodyCount, Live, Tool, Violent Femmes, The Tea Party, Def FX and Pennywise.

13. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

How was attendance Crabby?

14. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

It was pretty packed, but you could still move around nicely and once in the drinking areas, the lines for drinks weren't bad at all. The line to get in to the venue though was a fucking joke! We went down the road and lunch and a few drinks and got back around 3pm and the queue had gone though, so that was good.

HORSE The Band and Alice In Chains were definately my favourite two bands of the day. Both amazing!

15. Pethical

Pethical Tom

c/p'd from the smw forum:

highlights:

dillinger - freaking awesome. highlight of the day, a "treat" (in-joke)
    horse the band - humorous and super-rocking
    phone reception! - yes! i am on 3, and had crystal clear coverage, and was downloading at 3 megs a sec in the middle of the pit!?! i was suprised too.
    lamb of god - best time i've seen them, loved the banner action in redneck and superpits
    bloodhound gang - only caught a song, but took me back!
    nine inch nails - not totally my thing, but enjoyed the few songs i saw. great energy & visuals.

lowlights:

getting in - took us TWO hours to get in. 30 000 people trying to get through 6 security staff soaked in mud, and all they did was grab your ticket and give you an over 18's bracelet if you looked the goods. disastrous! as a result, missed 3 or 4 bands i wanted to see at the start.
    evergreen terrace - fucking hell, shittest band! funny mosh though, mad n00bz.
    in flames - agreed, super boring. just totally over them.
    poison the well - one of my favourite bands, so it was very disappointing to see they were having an off day. jeff just seemed completely bummed/tired/hungover, was out of time for one of their songs, and obviously couldn't hear shit. mix was terrible, and i'm sure the on-stage sound was worse. their new guitarist did well though. heres hoping they do better on tuesday. considering they are 2nd last, i'd hope the mixer gives them the attention they deserve.

16. Atheny

Atheny Member

Welkin Entertainment Presents

NE OBLIVISCARIS
    AUSTRALIAN TOUR
    MARCH 27-MAY 23, 2009

With widespread critical acclaim of their live performances and their demo ‘The Aurora Veil’, and with large crowds following them wherever they go, Ne Obliviscaris are embarking on what will be one of the last opportunities to see the band perform live before they head into the studio to record their highly anticipated debut album. Their first ever Australian tour will run from March 27-May 23, and take in Melbourne (AA & 18+ shows), Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Hobart (AA & 18+ shows), Canberra, Sydney & Geelong.

"Melbourne's Ne Obliviscaris combine extreme and clean vocals with a violin, twin guitarists, a bassist and a drummer to create a wall of progressive, symphonic metal that transcends genres from black metal to jazz, and it's almost indescribable just how epic their sound is, and just how creative and virtuosic their music skills are. Ne Obliviscaris have me in awe ... this takes the best genres of metals past and mashes them together to create what I believe is the future of progressive metal" (Themetalforge.com)

“A breathtaking comeback to the live circuit…A performance that left me in awe of their artistic and technical mastery” (Beat Magazine)

“What the massive local crowd saw was something special. It was the return of a band that I truly believe will take the world by storm. A band with diversity, talent and a new found passion to take all in its path and make metal an even better genre to listen to. It’s official, Ne Obliviscaris have returned!” (Metalobsession.net)

Fri, March 27@ The Castle, Dandenong, VIC **ALL AGES**
    Sat, March 28@ The East Brunswick Club, Melbourne, VIC
    Fri, April 3@ Monstrothic (Rosies Live), Brisbane, QLD
    Sat, April 4@ Brannigan’s Tavern, Gold Coast, QLD
    Fri, April 24@ Enigma Bar, Adelaide, SA
    Sat, May 2 (Day)@ The Brisbane Hotel, Hobart, TAS **ALL AGES**
    Sat, May 2 (Evening)@ The Brisbane Hotel, Hobart, TAS **18+ **
    Fri, May 15@ The Basement, Canberra, ACT
    Sat, May 16@ The Annandale Hotel, Sydney, NSW
    Fri, May 22@ The Barwon Club, Geelong, VIC
    Sat, May 23@ The Espy Gershwin Room, Melbourne, VIC

[​IMG]

http://www.myspace.com/welkinentertainment
    http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

17. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Good to hear about Alice in Chains and Horse the Band!!
    Hoping the weather is kind for Adelaide's Soundwave. :kickass:
    Although, I reckon it will be a dustbowl, nonetheless.

Any news on the supports for Ne O's gig at Enigma in Adelaide?

18. natalie.jayne

natalie.jayne New Metal Member

i went to the sydney soundwave for a bit of fun.. devildriver weren't that half bad, and in flames played alright

19. metal evilution

metal evilution Davestorm

The place to be after the AIC gig people!!! Good chance the band will be there afterwards as well. Plus a certain touring Italian band are rumoured to be showing up after their gig too.:kickass:

And don't forget your also bound to see/hear DARKER fucking HALF!!!:headbang:

20. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Hmmmm I kinda wish I was going to Soundwave now. I'm just going to see AIC tomorrow night instead.