This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

Very very small chance of that unfortunately - they did a tour in 2006 and since then Henry has been saying how disappointed he was with it and how he'll never do it again.

Looking forward to the shows and glad he's back at the Enmore Theatre

2. Bucko

Bucko Member

NASHVILLE PUSSY

[​IMG]
    buy
    The Gaelic, NSW
    Fri 05 Mar
    08:00 PM
    $35 + bf
    Add to watchlistTell a friend

True rock n' roll doesn't require definition. It's self-explanatory based on a gut feeling and the unconditional devotion to the musical genre.
    Nashville Pussy have celebrated their brand of genuine rock n' roll for more than a decade, in classic style at times, surprising at others, but always earthy, raw and unadulterated. Band mastermind Blaine Cartwright (vocals, guitar), his wife Ruyter Suys (guitar), Karen Cuda (bass) and Jeremy Thompson (drums) spent three years working on their latest rock release, entitled From Hell To Texas, out on Steamhammer/SPV.

Their songs are mostly about fun and good times, but occasionally as in the case of 'Late Great USA' they also stick the finger into an open wound. "Although Blaine's comical and satyrical themes mostly prevail on From Hell To Texas, there are two or three numbers which deal with more serious subjects. 'Late Great USA' is a political song, we simply had to vent our anger at certain grievances in this country." Nashville Pussy came together in 1996.

Albums such as Let Them Eat Pussy (1998), High As Hell (2000) or Say Something Nasty (2002) have caused an international stir, and their 1999 single release 'Fried Chicken And Coffee' earned the band a Grammy nomination in the category 'Best Metal Performance'. "We were tired of seeing and hearing bands that were just going through rock 101 motions, all slick but with no real soul. So we decided to play the kind of music that we would like to hear," comments Ruyter Suys on the birth of her band. A renowned American music magazine rightly referred to Nashville Pussy as "One of the hardest working bands in show biz today." Nashville Pussy return to Australia in March 2010, after two previous tours playing to sold out audiences.... come GET SOME at these fine watering holes...

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Haha. Fuck, that will rule.

4. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

What was the go with Rollins Band's tour that Henry wasn't happy with?

I has FNM ticket. Nice.

5. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

From "A Dull Roar" - "... I don't feel as if everyone in the unit is going for it as hard as they need to..." - "There's no fucking way I am going out with this outfit again". There's a lot in the book about how high maintenance some of the band members are and putting more effort into getting drunk etc. than being ready for the show.

6. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Well, it wouldn't have helped that he pretty much ditched them after Come in and Burn to continue as Rollins Band with a whole different bunch of people.

7. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Maybe it has something to do with Rollins giving up trying to compete with Iggy Pop: :lol:

#6447 Bloopy, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  8. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

have tears rolling down my eyes from those clips.

so awesome! :D :lol: :headbang:

9. cowboy

cowboy Member

AS I LAY DYING:

Sun 28/03/10 Perth, Australia Amplifier Bar
    Mon 29/03/10 Adelaide, Australia Enigma Bar
    Tue 30/03/10 Richmond, Australia Corner Hotel
    Wed 31/03/10 Sydney, Australia Annandale
    Thu 01/04/10 Newcastle, Australia Cambridge Hotel

10. LegionsOfTheDead

Whoa... small venues!!?

11. JetHead

JetHead FTT

Might go to this!

12. Winmar

I don't really know how big that band is, but the Corner Hotel's probably the right sized venue. I've seen the likes of SYL and Nightwish there.

Anyone going to see AC/DC? I saw them last night at Etihad Stadium. Very good show. They're one of those bands I've long wanted to see, even if I don't listen to them much. It's pretty much the Angus and Brian show, with the others very much taking a backseat. It must kick arse to be a part of that band though.

13. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Did Angus do his 15-minute long guitar solo-cum-striptease in the middle of "Let There Be Rock"? Does he still do that? It was embarassing then and would be triply so now. I don't care what anyone says about it, when I saw them in 1988 I almost walked out and went to the bar when they got to that part of the show. One of the most boring and self-indulgent things I'd ever seen.

14. Pethical

Pethical Tom

I'm going on Saturday, might have 1 or 2 spare tickets for those interested, I'll keep the board posted in the coming days.

15. Winmar

He did do quite a long solo at some stage, but I can't remember if it was during a song or not. Also stripped off half way through the show. He's actually looking pretty fit for an old bloke!

16. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

They still do the 17 minute version of Let there Be Rock and the striptease but the striptease is in a different song about half way through the set. Pretty sure it's never been during LtBR.

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Probably not. My memory is a bit hazy of actually which song it's in. CAn't say I've ever been a fan of that aspect of their show.

18. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

I saw AC/DC in Auckland the other week. I'm not a big fan, but I had to see them once. Must've been the most people I've ever seen in one place. After hearing so much about their show, it was kinda surreal to actually be there.

Angus did his striptease during The Jack. I'm not sure what to think about it... I wouldn't say it was boring, not as boring as the support bands at least. Everyone's expecting him to do it, so the vast majority would be disappointed if he didn't. No use going to the bar while he did it because the bar closed 15 minutes before the start of AC/DC's set.

19. JetHead

JetHead FTT

Ill be doing the same when he does it come thursday...could not agree more with what your saying here.

20. Crabby

Crabby Member

Am I the only one who prefers the lyrics to that song as they were recorded on the "T.N.T" album? The alternative ones (which are the original lyrics anyway, the label just wouldn't let them use them) are nowhere near as entertaining.

Regardless, going to the Saturday night show, should be a lot of fun.