This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

What's that, all the tools there just to see TOOL, without any inkling of how ironic that is?

2. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

True on both counts - but what is the point of rules if they aren't enforced?

"Anyone inside the event not wearing a top will have their wristband removed and will be ejected from the event. Intimidating behaviour will not be tolerated."

3. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Not according to Wiki

On this tour, the band has pledged to play some of their classic albums in full on some nights, and is varying their set lists more than usual - rarely-played songs from their first two albums are being played, possibly for the first time in twenty-five years. Such songs include Roulette, Get Ready, Only Lonely, Tokyo Road, Let It Rock, Wild Is the Wind, Something to Believe In, It's Hard Letting You Go, Santa Fe and Homebound Train (vocals by Richie Sambora)

Looking at that set lists site, Runaway is the only one being played in Australia - on some nights.

I'm really surprised they didn't play Tokyo Road in Tokyo.

s

4. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

"Let it Rock" is from Slippery When Wet, not one of the first two albums.

5. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Homebound Train is from New Jersey, I think what they're trying to say is those songs haven't been played live for 25 years.

I'm surprised to hear that about Let It Rock, I think JBJ is avoiding the high pitched songs, Dr.'s orders I hear, he stopped doing the high pitched stuff in Runaway a long time ago.

s

6. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

And yet he's still doing "Living on a Prayer". Not that he couldn't.

7. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

The audience would crucify him if he didn't. I notice he sings some parts in a lower register and points the mike to the crowd and gets them to sing the high bits. The song is towards the latter part of a 3 hour show so he can be forgiven.

s

8. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

From the footage I show of last night's show, the crowd sang most of it.

9. cowboy

cowboy Member

Looks like the Motorhead/Black Label Society pairing has fallen through.

MOTORHEAD
    03/26/2011 Melbourne, Australia Festival Hall *
    03/28/2011 Sydney, Australia Big Top *
    03/30/2011 Adelaide, Australia Thebarton *
    04/01/2011 Gold Coast, Australia Convention Centre *

On the Black Label Society website they have dates in China TBA on those dates.

10. Bucko

Bucko Member

03/28/2011 Sydney, Australia Big Top *
    is that Luna PARK ... AND ON A MONDAY ....

11. cowboy

cowboy Member

Indeed - and no Brisbane gig just a Gold Coast gig! Bizarre:

Tickets $99.90 inc all booking fees. On sale 9am Thursday 23rd December *except Melbourne which is on sale 9am Wednesday 12th January

Saturday 26th March:
    FESTIVAL HALL, MELBOURNE
    125 Swanston Street, Melbourne
    [Licensed all ages]
    Tickets on sale via:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Motorhead-tickets/artist/986414
    TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 12TH JANUARY 2011, 9AM.

Monday 28th March:
    THE BIG TOP, LUNA PARK SYDNEY
    1 Olympic Drive, Milsons Point
    [18+ only]
    Tickets on sale via:
    http://tickets.redanttouring.com/default.aspx?Event=19258
    EXCLUSIVE PRE SALE WEDNESDAY 22ND DECEMBER, MIDDAY
    GENERAL ON SALE THURSDAY 23RD DECEMBER, 9AM.

Wednesday 30th March:
    THE BARTON THEATRE, ADELAIDE
    112 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville
    [Licensed all ages]
    Tickets on sale via:
    http://www.venuetix.com.au/
    TICKETS ON SALE THURSDAY 23RD DECEMBER, 9AM.

Friday 1st April:
    CONVENTION CENTRE, GOLD COAST *** NO BRISBANE SHOW ***
    Cnr Gold Coast Highway & TE Peters Drive, Broadbeach
    [Licensed all ages]
    Tickets on sale via:
    http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=MOTORHEA11

GOLD VIP MEET AND GREET EXPERIENCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE FOR ALL SHOWS - $499 + bf

http://redanttouring.com/current_tours_and_events_motorhead_vip_tickets.html

12. JetHead

JetHead FTT

Black Label Society had dates up on their website a few weeks back for Australian cities with a TBA in the venues column. They have since disappeared.

13. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I'm trying to imagine watching metal bands on a ship, then seeing them walking around the rest of the time. Sounds like a sweet arrangement to me!

Sounds just like Farnsey doing You're The Voice now. I understand that he probably can't hit those heights now, but I also think "why bother?".

14. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Is anyone going to the Darkest Hour / Carniflex show tonight at the Factory? I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile shelling out $55 to see Norse (it's Shayne's first gig with them), since I've never heard the other bands

15. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Looks like Alestorm is returning and including NZ this time, keen!
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/alest...-part-i-australia-new-zealand/177915218909808

16. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Brisbane folk:

"Few artists in rock history can carry off the single moniker, and carry it with gravitas.

SLASH is one of that rare breed.

Since emerging with Guns N’ Roses, SLASH has been one of the world’s most sought after guitarists. Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Quentin Tarantino and so many other fellow icons have sought his services in order to make the good sound great. Critics and fans alike still debate the greatest rock riff of all time with “Sweet Child O’ Mine” consistently taking top honors. Time Magazine placed SLASH second only to Jimi Hendrix amongst the greatest guitarists of all time.

It therefore came as little surprise that when SLASH put out the word about recording an album, the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Lemmy, Ian Astbury, Andrew Stockdale and others smashed down the studio door to be a part of it. ‘Slash’ (the self titled album) is everything that was ever great about rock music. For all those who will undoubtedly find themselves praying at the Altar O’ Slash “Modern rock will not get much better than this, we have encountered a new standard, a new “classic” that is every bit as good as the best of the best from decades long” – Metal Resource.com

It would be hard to find a band with grander artistic scope than COHEED AND CAMBRIA. Over the course of nine years and five groundbreaking albums, the New York foursome has diligently developed a unique sound combining forward-thinking classic rock with strong pop sensibilities and intricate musicianship. An epic alternate universe of extended tracks with odd time signatures, convoluted ballads with fiery guitars, anthemic instrumental crescendos and everything in between, COHEED AND CAMBRIA live show is just as intense and hypnotic, "at one point you felt as if you were inside the pages of a twisted comic book, the next walking through a graveyard, at the bottom of the ocean or even floating in space—and the music kept dragging you in further." - Hey Reverb

TAKING DAWN grew up surrounded by the glitz and glam, the bright lights and big city of constant vice. This Las Vegas upbringing helped shaped the band into what it is today: a rock'n'roll timebomb just waiting to explode on an unsuspecting public. Inspired by the 80s glam metal era, TAKING DAWN has chosen to take the foundation of that sound and scene and update it in a thoroughly modern way: by shredding, soloing and creating melody in their music. The band rejects genre classification, frontman Chris Babitt saying, "Our music is about attitude and being open to rocking out to a song... The genre barrier bullshit is not for us." Genres, compartmentalization and safe rock 'n roll be damned.

The man himself is ever modest about his place in rock history but SLASH's upcoming appearances at Soundwave Festival and his intimate Sidewave in Brisbane with COHEED AND CAMBRIA and TAKING DAWN will leave his legions of fans with no doubts at all."

SLASH, COHEED AND CAMBRIA, TAKING DAWN: Tivoli, Brisbane. March 2

17. cowboy

cowboy Member

I am so stoked !! The Rob Zombie/Coheed timetable clash at Soundwave was a major buzzkill for me so this solves that problem :D

18. The_Thrasher

The_Thrasher Gold Member

19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

Ulcerate tour in March. Absolutely incredible eerie, dissonant death metal from New Zealand. Highly, highly, highly recommended. http://www.myspace.com/ulcerate

Friday, March 11@Monstrothic, Brisbane, QLD
    w/ Dining In Tuscany, Eternal Rest & more TBA

Saturday, March 12: The Wall@ Bald Faced Stag, Sydney, NSW
    w/A Million Dead Birds Laughing, Dining In Tuscany & more TBA

Sunday, March 13 (Public Hol Eve)@Arthouse, Melbourne, VIC
    w/ A Million Dead Birds Laughing, Dining In Tuscany, The Mung & more TBA

[​IMG]

20. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

ALESTORM w/ VOYAGER

“BACK THROUGH TIME” AUSTRALIAN / NEW ZEALAND TOUR MAY 2010

Arrr! Those piratical badasses ALESTORM are sailing their way through the seas of time, to once again plunder our shores on an ale and wench raiding mission. May will be the month they drop anchor, paddle ashore and launch into the first set of swashbuckling shows, of their ‘Back Through Time’ world tour. ALESTORM’S third album ‘Back Through Time’ is an epic adventure with more drunken singalong anthems than you can shake a stick at. There are songs about midgets, songs about Wisconsin and songs about travelling through time to kill Vikings. And in an exclusive offer, Australian fans will have first opportunity to buy the new album anywhere in the world! So matey’s, don’t be a squiffy! Collect your dubloons, haul yourself down to the party and get your hands on a copy of ‘Back Through Time’ before any other scallywags can.

Appealing to a massive spectrum of music connoisseurs VOYAGER join the ranks as a mighty fine national support. Combining it all into a melting pot of incredible melodies and arrangements, VOYAGER’S latest offering "I Am The reVolution" is a journey into the overloaded information age, with a sound so versatile and unique that is is simply unforgettable... the reVolution begins HERE!

ALESTORM with Voyager performing at:

May 10th - Amplifier Bar, Perth

May 11th - Enigma Bar, Adelaide

May 12th - The HiFi, Brisbane

May 13th - The Manning Bar, Sydney

May 14th - The Corner Hotel, Melbourne

May 15th - Rising Sun, Auckland – New Zealand

TICKETS ON SALE FROM MONDAY JAN 31st & can now be purchased direct from www.soundworkstouring.com. All you need is a paypal account!