This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

The first one is so unlikely that I would bet on the second.

2. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Yep, same.

Other theory is that someone else said that there was meant to be a huge announcement but that was never confirmed by the head organisers and now they are a little stuck on what to say.

Won't really affect the current show and line up and tickets seem to be selling OK for the shows.

3. Bucko

Bucko Member

4. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

5. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Ends in tears.

6. Shadow298

To be honest, no surprise with some of the rumours that have been flying lately.

Once again, if true, fucks things for Australia's international standing but not a surprise due to the rising costs of bands touring Oz and the fucked world wide economy.

I just hope that several of the acts -such as Sister of Mercy & Devin Townsend- still decide to tour because am more inclined to solo shows then festivals.

*edit*

Just reading up more and through some e-mails from friends, seems as though the SW promoters aren't saying it is officially cancelled. Some people in their camp are saying the festival will still go ahead but greatly downsized and with a replacement act for Van Halen -who are most likely going to break all their touring commitments.

7. Bucko

Bucko Member

Yup if goes the way I think it is, down the shite tube, that’s it for me and BIG Festivals, we don't have the Fan base for these to work in Australia. And after DEF LEPPARD , HEART and CHOIRBOYS that might be the last time I go to a big international Act, just saying.
    Will support the local acts more and the mid size international bands, but off COURSE, IF MAIDEN, SCORPIONS’, Etc announce tours I be their in a flash.

But you gotta admit SOUNDWAVE REVOLUTION has had a smell about for a while now.

8. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

SWR cancelled will SUCK FAT DONKEY POO.

I was really looking forward to VH, Alice, Airbourne etc.

9. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

You were going to be disappointed anyway if you expected to see Airbourne.

10. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

This.

11. Bucko

Bucko Member

Gore Edit ..... But you gotta admit SOUNDWAVE REVOLUTION has had a smell about for a while now.... :)

12. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Fixed!

s

13. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

I'd already bought flights to Melbourne using airpoints and I need a holiday anyway. If I still get to see at least one of Danzig, Cro-Mags or Kvelertak then a little festival cancellation is no big deal I suppose...

Numbers cheer me up for some reason. I just did a little tally, and the cancellation rate for internationals I was intending to see is about 8%. Although the fails in NZ aren't nearly as spectacular, especially when the AU part of the tour still goes ahead.

14. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Soundwave caused me to consider going to festivals again, after the BDO turned me off them for years. It's a shame this one's been canned, but hopefully lots of the acts tour anyway.

15. Shadow298

Spent half an hour tonight on the phone comforting a friend who was doing accounts for Soundwave (she was fired today by them -they're cutting almost all their extra staff) and she said that the promoters sunk heaps of money into Van Halen and trying to get several other bands out here for huge cash sums and after VH fucked themselves over as they always seem to do and they lost money to entice other people, they thought it best to drop the whole thing and salvage what they can through sideshows and such.

Not sure how much she said was out of spite for being fucked over for the past few weeks by SW but she's a trustworthy person. She said the books have been dodgy for a while and that the boys over reached themselves.

At the moment, not gospel on that but something I believe.

16. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

Too big too quickly, silly silly people.

Edit: Also this made me laugh
    [​IMG]

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Knowing AJ's history, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

18. Shadow298

Don't know him, so can't really comment but spoke with my friend today and she says a lot of their former staff members are really pissed off at the whole manage crew for fucking them over and wasting so much time and money.

Supposedly the big 2nd headliner they wanted was Aerosmith and they spent a fuck-ton of money to get them interested only to have the deal implode and that caused heaps of infighting with the SW people, hence cancelling.

I never cared for the festival because of the costs for me but fele bad for those who already booked flights and everything for it.

Need to contact Devin Townsend to see if he is still touring because will go see his show, especially if it means a full set from him with all the latest material.
    Sisters of Mercy would be great to see live as well but that's about it.

Alice will still be here and would be nice to catch him at least once before he retires from the stage but never been a big enough fan to justify the costs of his last few Canberra shows.

19. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Well the real reason is that Van Halen cancelled. But if they'd been able to replace them with Aerosmith, it would have been almost as good. Everyone loves Aerosmith.

20. Ace Frehley

Ace Frehley Waking the Dead...LA GUNS

AEROSMITH!!

i had a feeling it was them...

...in that time frame they are playing South America and Japan...BUT a few days ago it was announced that Tom Hamilton needs surgery. hence...im presuming thats why the delay as they wouldn't be ready yet. it will take a few months for him to recover hence they wouldnt have been able to play Soundwave

This would have been the greatest Australian festival lineup had this gone ahead!!!