This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

International / Big Local band Tours thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 21, 2006.

1. cowboy

cowboy Member

VERY much in line with some of the discussions here:

Falls Festival plans to go ahead with an all-Australian line-up as coronavirus continues to impact international travel.

The festival, which is typically held between December 28 and January 5 in Lorne, Byron Bay, Marion Bay and Fremantle, looked to be in doubt this year, but organisers have found a way forward.

“Australia is home to some of the most exciting acts in the world and we see this special ‘homegrown edition’ as the perfect opportunity to give back to the Australian music industry who have been doing it tough through this COVID vortex,” a statement from Falls Festival said on Wednesday.

2. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

We must know our shit around here! Actually you guys do; I'll just ride on your coat tails.

Falls isn't something I'd consider going to, but it'd be good to have more stuff planned on the metal front to fill the gaping musical void.

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

4. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Have local shows resumed anywhere over there? Looks like SA and TAS at least haven't had a case in a month. I know VIC is still battling though, as my sister lives in Melbourne. I became an uncle during lockdown but dunno when I'll get to meet my niece in person.

I've been visiting Auckland for a few weeks and attended 6 gigs while up here, after seeing none for 3 months. When I go back to Wellington I'll be seeing gigs as normal there too. Weird to think how fortunate we are that things only took that long to get back to relative normality in NZ. Technically one of them was an international as it was a solo artist born in Canada. My girlfriend got one up on me though as she saw a socially distanced seated gig in late May.

5. cowboy

cowboy Member

Brisbane has started local shows again. Think its gonna be a long time before we see any sort of internationals here though.

I reckon given that Melbourne is in lockdown again, we can kiss goodbye to any of those shows that got rescheduled to dates in 2020.

6. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Melbourne (and possibly Sydney after the last week) might slow things down a little bit but what about the idea of bands coming here and spending their quarantine in the studio before being allowed to tour like Gudinski (I think it was) suggested a few weeks back. It was a solid idea and obviously there is a few things that have to change for it to happen but with the right salesperson that could easily be a goer in '21. Gudinski is probably not the right salesperson for metal, but I'm sure he can find someone that is.