This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Into Eternity destroyed Winnipeg

Discussion in 'Into Eternity' started by Nuclear Vampire, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Nuclear Vampire

Nuclear Vampire Metal Machine

Holy fuck. The guys put on an awesome show. Period. You wouldn't have known Rob still had pneumonia. Or that anybody else was sick for that matter. Total professionals. They played amazingly, and the crowd (a bit small - wtf people?) of around 120 loved every fucking note. Stu is fucking incredible. After he would hit a super high note, everyone in the crowd would look around at each other like "Did he really just sing that?" and then they would cheer like hell. Love Robs new axe (Is that a BC Rich?). Adam is a maniac on the kit. Got to chat with him for a few minutes afterwards. Super nice guy. He said they didn't know what to expect from the venue (it's mostly a punk rock bar and pretty dumpy too), but the sound was great. Sometimes the leads would get super loud, then even out after a bar or so, but still good sound overall. Setlist? I'm still buzzing over the show, so the order is a bit sketchy to me now.

They played:

Splintered Visions
    Embraced By Desolation
    Elysium Dream
    (the rest are not in order)
    Shallow
    Selling God
    Beginning Of The End
    Point Of Uncertainty
    Spiraling Into Depression
    Distant Pale Future
    Identify
    3 Dimensional Aperture

I think that's it...the beers were flowing a bit freely so I may have missed one. The openers were Port Amoral (fucking awesome local band. Kinda Gothenburg meets Dillinger Esacpe Plan). Amazing guitarist. Bought their demo. Other band was Suiciety. Meh. It;s been done before. Missed the first band.

Okay, I'm having to correct my typing WAY too much. Time for bed. Thanks again for coming to The Peg and kicking our asses.

2. HateWork

HateWork Metal Madman

awesome awesome show. i was up front the entire time headbanging & screaming along. though i think there was more than 120 people there.

it was nice to meet the new members, all very cool guys, they came up & introduced themselves, which was awesome. got to talk metal with adam.

can't wait to see them back in july and then again sept. this is the year of IE!

btw, were you wearing a metal shirt, cuz i'd probably remember you then. i was wearing the grey cryptopsy tour shirt.

3. Nuclear Vampire

Nuclear Vampire Metal Machine

I was standing at the front, right in front of the VLTs. I was wearing a jean jacket and my Dead Or Dreaming shirt. :headbang: I think I saw you there. :wave:

4. motocyco

motocyco New Metal Member

Ya, When Stu did the operatic part at the end of Selling here, EVERYONE was like HOLY FUCK and looking around at each other the same way you just described....lol. That BC RICH Rob's been using for this tour is actualy an early 80's one hes had for about 20 yrs. It got retired for awile then a yr ago he reserected it.

5. Remission

Remission New Metal Member

Fucking awesome time last night. I was right at the front in my Children of Bodom shirt, there's a big hole in the shoulder now :p

Stu was amazing live. He's a great showman and very energetic, I was more than impressed with his performance, same with the rest of the band.

When most metal bands come here (the more underground ones) they usually end up playing The Albert, The Zoo or if they're a bit bigger like SYL, Therion (SEPTEMBER!) or Deicide (JUNE!) they'll be at the Pyramid. Nevermore played the Albert a few years ago, same with Exhumed.

6. HateWork

HateWork Metal Madman

yea, cannibal corpse hit the albert up this past summer, then cryptopsy was through there in sept.

i remember the bodom shirt! did you used to go under the name Madman?

7. Reptilicus

Reptilicus New Metal Member

Yeah, that was a fucking awesome show!

I was standing right next to the crytopsy shirt guy, in a plain grey shirt at the front left in front of the bassist.

BTW, he was playing a Warlock right?

8. Remission

Remission New Metal Member

Indeed I did.

9. HateWork

HateWork Metal Madman

ok yup, i remember you man. i didnt' really take notice of the people beside me, i was too busy headbanging. lol

my neck is feeling it today, but work wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be.

10. IconOfSin

IconOfSin Member

nice to see some fellow Winnipegers on here, glad you enjoyed the show, right now i'm missing them here due to no money

11. Katana Overlord

Katana Overlord Master of the Pit

Man Port A Moral blew chunks, I loved Suiciety though.