This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iron Maiden "En Vivo!" DVD

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Jind, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Jind

Jind Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)

Being the lifelong Maiden fan that I am, an admitted fanboy and damned proud of it, I received my copy of their latest DVD (Blu-Ray format) in the mail earlier this week and have gotten a chance to watch it a few times through and all I can say is in 2012 Maiden is still very much a relevant heavy metal band.

They display more energy than bands half their age and always deliver live, and the crowds always respond. Watching this show in front of 50,000 rabid Maiden fans brought back memories of the great "Rock in Rio" show - damn those South Americans crowds love their Maiden.

While many in the modern metal world may dismiss them as being well past their prime, it's certainly not on display in theri live performances. They are still, at least to me, the defining band of the Arena/Stadium metal days and always worth the price of a ticket or if one was unable to attend, the cost of a DVD.

Great performance, great crowd, great video shoot with great sound. I particularly liked that they used a lot of split screen editing instead of the more modern jerky camera to camera, angel to angel switching found in many concert DVDs these days.

So if you are a Maiden fan, or even if your not, it's a great concert and an example to younger performers what 6 guys with an average age of 55 can still accomplish in a live setting - kicking ass and delivering the goods.

Up the Irons!!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

[​IMG]

#1 Jind, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Terminus

Terminus Member

Saw them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour and it's easily, easily the best show I've ever been to. Granted they were not playing newer stuff but still I can imagine I would have been just as stoked. One of the best bands ever to exist.

3. AllanD

AllanD boom tap boom-boom tap

Hearing Blood Brothers on that preview made me open Spotify and play Brave New World. LOVE IT

EDIT: AND SHIT, hearing Iron Maiden the song made me put their first album on que.

4. Trevoire520

Trevoire520 Member

Got this but not had chance to watch it all the way through yet. The bits I have watched were bloody amazing though. The Talisman live is a belter!

5. kaomao

kaomao Member

great band live too bad I can't stand anymore their latest albums, totally uninspired. There are few songs that are great but overall the magic on the records is gone.
    At least live they fucking rock ;)

6. Jevil

Jevil Pro Evolution Fucker

Best fucking band of all times.

I've seen many Thrash or Death metal bands with all their higain shits, but still sounding weaker and with less energy than Iron Maiden.

7. Firaxis

Firaxis Member

Managed to get tickets to see them at twickenham a few years ago and it was an incredible show!

8. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

saw them on this tour when they went through Spain, also in Venezuela in Somewhere Back in Time. Whoever denies their live power is fooling himself.

9. Skyweaver

Skyweaver Shred or Die !

true musicians ! I got it and loved it truly amazing musicians to be putting out that quality of music at their age - respect !

10. GuitarHack

GuitarHack Krank it UP!

+1 Dean

Adrians Lead Tone is worth buying it for. Used to be a massive Davey fanboy in the 80's, but Adrians phrasing/expression has grown on me massively.

11. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

I have to complain about the spilt screen thing though, it always bothers me when bands do that, I never know what to look at and it makes me dizzy. Reminds me of Scenes from New York, excellent show, crappy editing. To each his own of course, but I've never liked it at all.

12. GuitarHack

GuitarHack Krank it UP!

+1 Dan

Quoted from the "Latest CD puchases thread.." a week or so ago............

13. Skyweaver

Skyweaver Shred or Die !

Adrians tone is awesome !! that les paul gold top and a set of EL 34s are pure sonic damage

....whats even more interesting is that Dave Murray played a les paul when in Melbourne and the tone ripped my face clear off

always been a huge fan of the maiden solo tone :OMG:

14. stilllifer

stilllifer Member

This. Those EL34's? Another shout out to the Guv'nor Jim Marshall...RIP sir. I can't wait to see them again for I think my 12th time on the Maiden England tour this summer in Toronto!!! :headbang:

15. EerieVon

EerieVon Member

Seeing them with Priest this summer. Only seen them one other time on the Somewhere in Time tour in LA...awesome show