This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is metal just an outlet for anger ?

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by Bruticus, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

@Bloopy
    idk if i really agree with this
    people that describe themselves as having "teenage angst" are frequently teenagers that end up completely cutting off communication with "horrible" parents once they turn 18 and/or kids who already have their own income at 15, where it's kids that end up living in spiderweb houses on their 18th birthday

so they either don't really have that specific hurdle you describe or they never really "clear that hurdle"
    For example, if they hadn't met Mick Mars, the rest of Motle Crue would have been broke their whole lives, and they would have been okay with it

2. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Teenage angst is just a phase, nothing interesting or profound about it really.

3. Blurry_Dreams

it really sounds like you're describing Juggalos in addition to metal-heads
    just based on my own personal experience of face-2-face interaction with those people that have "hatchet-man" tattoos and wear ICP t-shirts and go out in public wearing the "hatchet-man" necklaces and "Juggalo make-up"

4. Blurry_Dreams

except for the fact that for some people "teenage angst" keeps going untill about 30

5. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Immaturity is a thing.

6. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

It is fucking not you poopy head!

7. Blurry_Dreams

hahaha

i was talking about those specific people who move in with a group of roommates on their 18th birthday, stop comuncating with mom and dad for 2 years and never earn enough money to live by themselves

those specific people seem to be experiencing "teen angst" untill about 30 or so

8. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

9. Blurry_Dreams

10. Aronb

Aronb New Metal Member

Never thought of metal as an outlet for anger for me. I appreciate the anger in it, but also the life affirming nature of it's dynamics, melodies and theatre. The angst angle doesn't compute for me, though others get a benefit I'm sure.
    When metal works best, for me, it not only makes me feel like I could live forever, it makes we want to live forever..

11. Scortinator

Scortinator New Metal Member

What kind of infantile imbecile would believe this horseshit of an abomination? This is not a safe space for such moronic views to be sheltered and coddled I don't know why you even suggested this to begin with.

Rough Divide likes this.
  12. Blurry_Dreams

which post are you referring to??

13. FEZZILLA

FEZZILLA Member

Very good question. It all depends on your mental and spiritual state of mind. For some, who are angry at things they don't understand, metal feeds their ignorance. Though for me it was a very diverse outlet I enjoyed listening to and singing...as I used to be a vocalist. I was never angry at my parents, or my freedom as an America, or God. In fact, I refused to jam with musicians who were too overly irreligious. But times have changed a lot since my metal day as a vocalist. Metal today has become too violent, and waaay to hostile against Christianity. This has cost the metal music dearly to the point where metal music has become the new polka in the minds of younger people. Almost every young person I meet listens to rap or techno or both. In fact, metal is so deprived of a fan base that, believe it or not, I had played the Vuur album for some young people I worked with and for some of them it was the very first time they ever heard a human being sing. Yeah, they are so into the rap culture they didn't know people could sing. They couldn't figure out how Anneke was making those sounds with her voice. They never heard a human sing before. This told me that metal music was dead and buried. If you like metal music then you like it as an old man. But the future of metal is dead gone and buried. Its become the new polka. My uncle still listens to polka. But now I am considered polka. I guess we just like heavy polka :tickled:

Bad attitudes and too much hate chased too many girls away. Without a decent female fan base its hard to continue selling metal records. The Industry goes broke and the movement is gone. I warned many people about this and saw it coming for many years. But people went with the hate metal and the secular haze and that did not bring back metal music. I hate rap music more than I hate hate. But that is what is selling today.

Bruticus likes this.
  14. Blurry_Dreams

15. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Insane asylum.

Blurry_Dreams likes this.
  16. FEZZILLA

FEZZILLA Member

Who said anything about hair metal? You seem to assume there is either hate metal or hair metal and that is simply not true. FYI, I was not referring to hair metal. But none of that matters because metal is extinct now and its joined the ranks of polka.

17. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Your braincells are extinct.

Blurry_Dreams likes this.
  18. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

AWE fuck you cunts. I just put in an order for 10 CD's and now I find out metal is extinct. You could have told me before I wasted my money.

Blurry_Dreams and CiG like this.
  19. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Implies that women are instead attracted to hip-hop for the fantastic attitudes in that genre. There's still a metal movement. Just because you don't like its direction doesn't mean you can pray it out of existence in an online argument. I guess you'd say newer bands like Ghost and BABYMETAL have nothing to do with metal at all.

Blurry_Dreams, Slammed and CiG like this.
  20. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Ironically, of all the underground styles of metal, black metal probably has one of, if not the, biggest female audience in metal. The same style with probably the worst reputation of them all.

Blurry_Dreams and Slammed like this.