This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is this bass worth it?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Heabow, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

Hello

I can buy an used 4-string OLP Stingray bass for 200€ with the case. It's in perfect working condition. My idea is to play it with a 5-string set (minus the G string) instead of a standard 4-string set. (B . E . A . D). Mainly for studio use, all metal genres. I think it's a good deal but it's always cool to ask for opinions. Do you think it's worth it?

2. waav studios

waav studios Member

those things are awesome. had a friend who had one and hated it but its because he likes jazz and p-bass style pickups and he couldn't get the mid scooped ping he wanted. the stingray has a big fat humbucker in it so you're gonna get that humbucker sound. i have always loved those basses.

3. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

I'd avoid anything made out of basswood (I think the OLP is) but that's just me.

4. KillFrenzy

KillFrenzy Member

I like MM Stingrays, but I once recorded an OLP that sucked. It had a very "hollow" sound. Can you try before you buy?