This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ISP Decimator question...

Discussion in 'Backline' started by MindsinK, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MindsinK

MindsinK Not a team player

I just bought an ISP Decimator ProRack G dual channel noise suppression thingy, which you are supposed to put channel 1 between your guitar and preamp and channel 2 in the preamp effects loop. If I use a Radial DI box to split my guitar signal (1. direct to DAW and 2. to preamp then DAW), do I put channel 1 of the Decimator G in between my guitar and DI or between the DI and my preamp?

2. Wolfeman

Wolfeman I Prefer EL-34s. So What?

If I understand you correctly, you want it after. You don't want the decimator affecting the clean DI signal headed into your DAW.

3. MindsinK

Yup, you got it... I just figured that it might be take a little hum out of the clean DI signal as well...

4. ttrentt

ttrentt Member

From the conversations I have had with the designer of the ProRackG, I would put it directly AFTER the the guitar. The ProRackG is designed to track the PURE signal of the guitar -- otherwise it won't work correctly. I would put the DI after channel one. With the way the filter opens and closes I do not think you would have a problem with the DI.

That said, I would probably contact Buck @ ISP. He is awesome through email and will tell you exactly.

Trent

5. MindsinK

Thanks, Trent... will do!