This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Jaska, Janne and Henkka are leaving the band!!!!!

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by CharIie, Nov 1, 2019.

1. COB-666

COB-666 Member

" Olen kiitollinen, että sain olla mukana tekemässä Something Wildia. Ja etenkin nyt, kun bändi on vanhan kokoonpanonsa osalta lopettanut toimintansa, haluan sydämeni pohjasta kiittää Alexi Laihoa, Jaska Raatikaista, Alexander Kuoppalaa, Janne Wirmania sekä Henri Seppälää kaikista niistä hienoista muistoista ja kokemuksia, joita sain kokea ja jakaa kanssanne yli 20 yhteisessä studiosessiossa sekä neljän vuoden ajan keikkareissuilla. Kiitos myös tekemästänne musiikista, jonka avulla moni on selvinnyt vaikeiden aikojen yli. "

Google translate:
    " I am grateful that I got to be involved in doing Something Wildia. And especially now that the band has closed down its old lineup, I want to thank Alexi Laiho, Jaska Raatika, Alexander Kuoppala, Janne Wirman and Henri Seppälä for all the great memories and experiences I have had and shared with you in over 20 studio sessions. for a year on tour. Thanks also for the music you have made so many have survived the difficult times. "

- Anssi Kippo

Link:
    https://astiastudio.fi/fi/5-asiaa-joita-et-tiennyt-children-of-bodomin-something-wild-debyyttialbumista/?fbclid=IwAR2LTJXLWB50I9uDgqUuKChhB_B_ItpWGW2WMoS59-ZBoAome_yppPEEliU

2. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

^^^ Cool article. The title of it is "5 Things you didn't know about Children of Bodom's Something Wild debut album"

COB-666 likes this.
  3. razor001666

razor001666 been where, done what?

That one unreleased song must be Talking of the trees. It would be so cool to hear it.

COB-666 likes this.
  4. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

5. tragician

tragician Member

Disco Ensemble and Lapko are pretty good bands, I'm actually really interested in what this band's gonna do!

#225 tragician, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  6. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I hope Alexi doesn't get too comfy living off the road... they should at least make one record that's a full blown return to the green and blue album style, if nothing else, there's nothing to lose doing that. If Alexi doesn't want to keep wriggling with the musical style anymore, that's cool, but the world would lose nothing if he tried to make one album just out of fun trying to reinvent that musical style, even if it was without touring at all. Apparently they have a new full band cast, but there's been nothing. Maybe it would be cool to make the first new song first and reveal the band members out of the blue in a music video, instead of keeping doing the same setlist with new guys trying to nail the same stuff. I don't care if it means staying shut and quiet for two years, just make that one record that's not forced out drop tuning stuff. Either make true Bodom or make what Alexi would sincerely want to write now, but no point in trying to be in-between. I think Bodom's style was best at the green soundworld (venomous, mysterious) like Hatebreeder and even a song like Punch Me I Bleed. That and some of the cold / night feel of the blue album and a song like Halo of Blood. Just the way I feel.

#226 (__Joonas__), Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  7. COB-666

COB-666 Member

8. tragician

tragician Member

If they start posting more memories like that it would be so cool! Never seen that photo before!

COB-666 likes this.
  9. COB-666

COB-666 Member

Another. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#229 COB-666, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  10. COB-666

COB-666 Member

kelli_wright_laiho: These two were caught being cute, working on new tunes whilst watching Sopranos

[​IMG]

11. (__Joonas__)

What's that version of his guitar? Maybe the only good-looking one to my eyes atm.

And it's good to hear they're making new music. Hopefully reveal the new band members with a music video, no sooner.

Cool wallpaper.

COB-666 likes this.
  12. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

It's not one of Alexi's signatures I think since it has two pickups. Alexi's never had a signature with two pickups before. I think it's just a normal ESP SV with cool colors.

13. (__Joonas__)

I diskike that white line massively tho. Off-topic but I only like guitars with no paint these days, just wood with thin lacquer for me next. Sometimes lacquers over a bit of tanny sunburn are nice. If the wood has natural hues or patterns then I would use just colorless lacquer to make it look wet and colory.

14. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Looks like a

ESP V-II FR with quilted maple wood, purple sunburst painting and glossy finish. You can get this model for 4.100$

15. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

It looks amazing.
    Only thing against it is the neck-pickup and the controls that come with it. V's look the best with bridge-pickup, 1-volume.

-AnzzA- likes this.
  16. (__Joonas__)

So apparently Alexi's making a new Bodom album in silence and once it comes out we'll be presented a new COB band and a new album. Very nice, as long as the album is darker and back to the roots, preferably Hatebreeder style, otherwise it's gonna be hard to get me excited.

17. Supra

Supra New Metal Member

Source?

18. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Yeah Joonas, sources. You can't just come with such claims without actually linking it to some credible sources.

19. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Source is in post #230. Alexis holding a guitar in his hands.

20. Supra

Supra New Metal Member

dident know the picture said he was making a new bodom album.