This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jesper in rehab

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by adhmerr, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Clay-Man

Clay-Man Anders pre-2003

They shoulda got schehf from youtube to fill in for guitars.

2. stardrowned

stardrowned The doctor is in...

Absolutely not. He sat out at that time since he was recording He Who Shall Not Bleed with his other band, Dimension Zero.

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Why did the website quote personal reasons ? If he was recording DZ shit I don't know why they didn't just come out with that.

4. grey knight

grey knight Etheraven

Let's hope he won't stop writing music.

5. Nikki

Nikki Member

If I remember correctly, everything past 2001 was written by Anders, not Jesper.

6. waif

waif Member

Are you sure Anders was writing the music? Too lazy to check but I doubt that for the following reasons:
    1. Anders is the vocalist
    2. Bjorn also contributes

7. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Anders definately hasn't been writing the music since 2001, wtf?

8. Luz

Luz Cowgirl From Hell

Well, as I'm from Argentina let me explain this how I see this
    I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff if not some of the older and shit you probably dont care about.
    They posted that message a week before coming to my country, the first time they would visit us. Tickets where fucking expensive and the venue there where the most unprofessional place ever. Believe me. (Yeah, they got paid to play, i blame on the organizers)
    They played two shows, on friday and saturday.
    The first one was like some kind of rehearsal, you couldnt hear a single shit of what Anders was trying to sing/growl/whine, it was like watching tv on mute. They brought their own sound engineer so go fucking figure how they sound around the globe, pathetic.
    The crowd's feedback was honestly, amazing..they were singing, shouting, all fucking happy no matter what. Anders seemed to be in another place, we didnt even bother about Jesper's missing this gig, cause the guitarrist replacing his shoes was like absent, you would guess what the riff was by watching move his fucking fingers on the frett. Oh, and where was the drummer? pfff...
    Definitely not their night, not mine either. I was expecting a great show after 15 years of being a follower of them (am 27), not a 'supposed' professional well-known band doing some kind of a sound check with their own fans.

Not that you care, but bleh.

----------------
    Mad Season - Wake Up

9. waif

waif Member

Sound problems? Maybe due to this venue being the most unprofessional place ever?
    And also for some reason them deciding to use their own sound guy instead of someone who worked at the venue and knew the acoustics there...weird/dumb call there.

10. Veenox

Veenox Member

I'm pretty sure Jesper is still the main creative force in the band. Though I imagine Anders has progressively made a lot of contributions to the writing process over the last few albums.

11. HotKnifingHash

death magnetic is the best album metallica has put out since the black album i hope what worked for James works for jesper.

12. waif

waif Member

You're a fucking retard and should have stayed away. Aside from that, I think you'll find that the best since the Black Album (slim pickings, by the way) is Load.

13. HotKnifingHash

ok why don't you stop being a fuck off? i will honestly reply back to you with mediocre spelling, and even worse punctuation. yeah i fuckin went there

14. Veenox

Veenox Member

Yeah WAIF, stop being a fuck off! :lol:

15. HotKnifingHash

16. TrickySkittles

TrickySkittles Assclown

T(h)rash metal has no place in an IF forum, and for the record, Metallica should have continued with the Load trend. I.E. Load, Reload, Load II, III, IV, ect. because thats about what their work has amounted to over the past twenty years. A big, filthy, steaming load.

17. waif

waif Member

I love how those album covers actually involved blood, semen, and urine. That said, Load and Reload are decent hard rock albums, anyone who refers to thrash as trash should gtfo before I cram Bringer of Torture down your fucking throat, and the black album was okay.

18. Veenox

Veenox Member

Load and Reload bore me to tears! I can understand why people enjoy them, but I've considered them an example of hard rock done very poorly. There's no passion on those albums, the band is just plodding along at a painful pace (especially Lars, ugh). Of course, there are a few gems on those albums, such as King Nothing, Mama Said and Devil's Dance. But crap like 2 X 4 and Low Man's Lyric is unforgivable.

Still, at least the band tried to do something different. I loved Death Magnetic at first, but now I see it for what it really is, a sad, desperate re-hash of past ideas.

19. HotKnifingHash

im absolutely sure that inflames covered eye of the beholder on subterranean inflames was thrash

20. waif

waif Member

Yeah, tbh thrash is never out of place. There is, however, a thrash thread iirc, but on the other hand, this is the IF forum, so threads don't really have purposes. So we can talk about thrash if we fucking want.