This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

John Bush Interview:

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by DumbAss, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sufferer

sufferer Member

He said he's not bitter about the way things went down and it's like a book ended. He was asked to tour with Joey but it didn't feel right. He was asked to write after Joey left but he said it would be like coming in with his tail between his legs. That's basically it, he has no hard feelings.

2. walking dead 666

walking dead 666 Evil Walks

He also mentions how he feels betrayed by his so called brothers...Ah shit, ok, I'll be honest. He said that working for BK isn't as bad as all those high school kids make it out to be.

3. KY_Fried442

KY_Fried442 extra crispy

Dude, I love Bush. He's not only my fav Thrax singer, but my fav singer of all time. He's no doubt a class act no matter how you look at it. BUT, how can you say it was a sinking ship before it started. I happen to believe a tour with Bush and Belladonna together would have been a big success. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it but I realy don't think it was because he thought it would be a failure. I think it was more him just wanting to "move on" and spend time with is family, ect. Ego probably had a role in this too but I'm not saying that's a bag thing and I'm sure I would have a problem with it myself if put in his shoes. I'll agree that Scott and Charile probably could have handled the whole thing a little better but you can't blame the whole thing on them.

4. putihsom

putihsom Judge, Jury, Executioner

It was taken last summer during the BANG YOUR HEAD or ROCKHARD Festival here in Germany, I think. Saw it back then, was pretty sad, because it made clear that he would ot return.

5. GregadetH

GregadetH ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA

Bush is always a class act. :kickass:

I really do think it's time to drop the moniker of Anthrax and re-christen the band as 'The Benante-Ian Experience'.

6. nafnikufesin

nafnikufesin N.F.F.

What are you smoking that is keeping you so deluded? John would have stayed in the band had Charlie and Scott not pushed forward with the reunion, especially since they were gaining momentum with what many consider one of their best albums in WCFYA. And then they expected John to come crawling back when surprise, surprise things didn’t work out with Joey AGAIN?

Let me draw an analogy for you:

You’ve been happily married now for 12 years. Your wife has not only been very happy with you, she has also bad-mouthed her ex-husband (let’s call him Joey, for sake of argument) on numerous occasions, including publicly. Then, you have what both of you consider some of the best sex of your marriage (“We’ve Cum For Each Other”). In spite of that, your wife decides that she wants to get back with her ex-husband Joey. She tells you she doesn’t know if it will be serious, they just want to have some fun with each other, tour around the world a little bit, and see what happens, just for old time’s sake. But hey, you’re still part of her family. She asks if you want to join them in a threesome. Having a lot of self-respect, you politely decline, handling with a lot of class in the process and not even bad mouthing her, even though many others see her as a dumb whore that stabbed you in the back. But guess what, after a year or so, that relationship that didn’t work out with Joey 12 years ago didn’t work out again now. Apparently, your wife and a few of her ex-husbands friends are the only ones that didn’t see this coming. But since your wife is single again, she comes back to you and asks you if you want to get together again. There was a time that you loved her and would have done anything for her, but she hurt you and insulted you, so you politely decline again. You’ve moved on with your life. Maybe she can hook up with some young naïve guy named Dan…maybe she can find happiness and great sex again, but she doesn’t have the killer body that she used to, so there’s a good chance that most people won’t notice her anymore anyway.

7. THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO

^ Could be a wonderful screenplay... The old whore character should be played by Elen Barkin.

8. Deege

Deege BRING BACK BUSH

LOL dude, that's fucking awesome. Dead on analogy, too!:kickass:

9. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

i respect your views but i see it differently,what do u do.

i am looking forward to a new anthrax in 2008!,with anyluck they will win u back over,i guess there work will be cut out for them lol.

10. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

WOW!:kickass:

11. DumbAss

DumbAss Supreme Ruler of the Sofa

And the new "young naïve guy named Dan" could be played by Ashton.

12. timmyc

timmyc Member

That was funny

13. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Hockey Mad and Lovin' It!

AMEN!! :worship:notworthy:worship:

14. meep17

meep17 Oh Snap...

EPIC.
    (And, you know, a very good analogy as well. :p)

15. Rock n Roll Dave

Great analogy!

And top respect to John Bush, who has handled the whole reunion debacle with dignity.

How on Earth the guys in Anthrax can let a great singer and great guy like that slip through their fingers is beyond me. Stooopid stoopid stooooopid!