This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Jon Schaffer vs. BW&BK: You Decide...

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Child of the Night, May 26, 2004.

1. Child of the Night

Child of the Night The Dark One

Here it is... The interview that 'cause Jon to ban the magazine from Iced Earth shows in it's original context...

2. Larf03

Larf03 Like a rock

??
    I don't get what was so wrong with the interview???

Aside from the Bush regime thing...

3. Demonic_Science

who cares, iced earth suck now anyways :D

4. [KOTNO]Narrot

[KOTNO]Narrot Eats and spits corpses...

schaffer sucks....bigtime!

5. Lies and Perfidy

Lies and Perfidy Gentleman of the Road

So let me get this straight...Jon Schaffer ran away from home at 16 and spent his life playing music. Noam Chomsky (who is much older than Schaffer, to use Jon's own logic) has dedicated his life to the study of politics and social issues. And yet, Jon knows more about politics than Chomsky because he "lives in the real world."

SHUT THE FUCK UP, SCHAFFER.

6. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

and besides the fact Noam Chomsky is a professor

7. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

Okay after reading the interview, Jon Schaffer was being a real asshole

"I don't want a Big Brother dictating my life."

Schaffer is a Republican (considering he was belittling democrats) and who is it that wants the National Security Act passed?

He also called CNN the Communist News Network...I wonder if he knows that CNN is not allowed to say anything bad about Bush?

At the end of the interview, the interviewer thanked him kindly and Schaffer just said, "I know you're going to twist my words around because you're with the press."

"They won't have to go through the dickheads at Blabbermouth who take things out of context and spread lies and innuendo" HAHAHAHA

and for Schaffer's reference, when the interviewer said "Bush Regime" he was talking about the Bush administration...From the Dictionary:
    Regime (noun)
    1. A political system
    2. A social system

8. Karmic

Karmic speedy meatmonger

:eek:

lets all bash Jon, yay!

9. IOfTheStorm

IOfTheStorm Gogol Bordello

I hope this is the last thread about a retard's sayings.

10. neal

neal wizard in black

hahaha yeh. that guy just keeps gettin crazier.
    -neal

11. MajestikMøøse

MajestikMøøse Membrum virile

read it, laughed at it. Schaffer is a moron.

12. ledmag

ledmag New Metal Member

i told everyone about John yrs ago. You guys know he had a couple ribs removed......so he could suck his own dick dont you? he really loves himself.

13. Lopes

Lopes Fuckin' Dr. of Journalism

What little respect I still had for Jon Schaffer has been destroyed over the past year and his little "rant" over this interview is the icing on the cake. I don't see anything wrong with anything that the interviewer asked or said, granted I haven't seen the "edited" version, but I can't imagine how Schaffer's words could have been twisted to make hime look any worse. He comes across as an asshole time and time again, but not just an asshole that speaks his mind, which is one that you can still respect, but as one of those individuals that doesn't believe that he is ever in the wrong.

The personnel changes that have occurred lately are perfect examples of how much of an asshole that he is. He sings the praises of somebody as long as things are going well, but when they leave he always stabs them in the back with his comments about their "contributions" to the band, or rather HIS contributions in their contributions.

14. Super Mahrio

Super Mahrio Deeply Horrible Person

dude..he macked on the interviewer because hes 22 and Canadian..gods forbid!
    fuck that guy, i say!

15. Larf03

Larf03 Like a rock

16. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Holy shit.

Schaffer said that if they had printed the interview in its entirety, there wouldn't have been a problem. Schaffer is a fucking jackass, I haven't seen the interview in the mag, but it doesn't look like there's a whole lot you can do to change the original interview in order to make Schaffer appear dumber than he already is. He probably got pissed off after he saw the interview in the mag and realized how much of a moron he sounds like. The guy claims to be an expert in history, yet it looks like his knowledge of history is about the same with that of an 11th grader.

Perri tried to be as accomodating as possible, considering that politically, Schaffer is at the other end of the spectrum, and all Schaffer did was bash him for his views, despite saying that he respects everybody's view. Anyways this interview further shows how much self-centered and idiotic Schaffer is, but that's nothing new.

It's good publicity for BW&BK too... No publicity is bad publicity. Especially since BW&BK's target audience holds more liberal views. All Schaffer managed is to make himself and his band look retarded. I think Schaffer knows the end of his lame band is near and tries to get all the publicity he can, through any means. Maybe that, and his horrible new video will help him secure enough sales to feed his crackwhore wife and get braces for his inbred son.

17. neal

neal wizard in black

which horrible video? the one with the eagles and 9/11 imagery, or the one where 'ripper' shadow boxes the whole time?
    -neal

18. Profanity

Profanity The Post Master

Jon Schaffer is generally a cooler more charitable all round person.

19. neal

neal wizard in black

and to whom is he cooler and more charitable?
    -neal

20. ZANEX

ZANEX Alone Within My Lunacy

JS: "The thing is, you're going to spin this however you want and I have no control over that. That's what most of the guys in the press do. I'll give an interview, and then they'll edit out certain things. It's like CNN, the Communist News Network. You deliver a story a certain way and try to get people to think a certain way. So, it's basically in your hands. You or your editor can make it look however you guys want it to. At the end of the day, I don't really give a fuck what people think. And you're more than welcome to print this. I am who I am. I don't have to answer to anybody. I'm not ashamed of anything I've done to get where I am. I'm an honest guy and I'm a straight shooter. And you can print all that. I won't be judged by another human being, especially some snot-nosed kid who's never had to work a day in his life for anything. You know how it is, man. A lot of people think they are a wealth of knowledge. I have real-world education. I left high school when I was 16, but I graduated from the school of hard knocks."

Ledmag and I have discussed this "JACKASS" many times. Yes Schaffer is talented but I can name many more people who are far more talented than he is. He acts like Iced Earth is the "greatest metal band of all time" and that is horseshit. Also, there are other people who have graduated from an even tougher "school of hard knocks" and nobody owes Jon Schaffer anything. His attitude and ego are for shit. Maybe if his attitude was better, more people would like and respect him and Iced Earth