This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just got my toys back, anyone want a free reamp for 1 song?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ahjteam, May 5, 2011.

1. ahjteam

ahjteam Anssi Tenhunen

So, I got my amp heads, mic stands and Radial reamp box back and I'm pretty bored so if someone wants 1 song reamped, let me know.

The guitar related gear available is here:

[​IMG]

4 heads to choose from:

- Mesa Dual Rectifier (old version, 2 channels) clip: mesa + ts9
    - Peavey Windsor (Marshall JCM800 clone, 1 channel) clip: windsor + ts9
    - Bugera 333 (Peavey Triple XXX clone, which is somewhat similar to 5150, 3 channels) clip: bugera + ts9
    - Marshall Mode Four (tube pre & Solid state poweramp, 4 channels) clip: modefour + ns2 + ts9, guitar only
    + I also have Orange Crush 15b bass amp, Roland Micro Cube and Marshall MS4 if someone insists :)

Available pedals and effects:

- BOSS DS1 (Distortion)
    - BOSS NS2 (Noise Supressor)
    - BOSS MT2 (metalzone) clip: ns2 + ts9 + metalzone/ds1 + eq + impulses, tutorial here
    - BOSS ODB3 (Bass Overdrive)
    - BOSS DD6 (Digital Delay)
    - BOSS GE6 (Graphic EQ)
    - BBE Sonic Stomp (Sonic Maximizer)
    - EHX Black Finger (Tube compressor)
    - EHX Big Muff Pi (Fuzz distortion)
    - Ibanez TS9 (Tubescreamer)
    - TC Electronics D-Two (Delay)

Cabinet is 2x12" with Celestion Vintage 30's or if you want to use the bass amp instead, it has a 1x15" speaker. I have a bunch of mics to choose from, but I would suggest just a single SM57 near the center of the speaker, but what ever floats your boat. Some of the mics I have that can handle higher SPL:

- 5 Shure SM57
    - 1 Shure SM7B
    - 1 Shure B52
    - 1 Röde M3
    - 2 Röde NT5
    - 1 Röde NT2A
    - 3 Sennheiser e604
    - 1 Beyerdynamic Opus 89
    - 1 Beyerdynamic Opus 69
    - 1 Audix D6

Some restrictions apply:
    - I live in an apartment, so I can't bring up the master output very high because of the neighbours, but I'll try to keep it as loud as I can
    - I must like the music. I'm not very picky, but it's a plus if it's not blackmetal or "sturgiscore".
    - The song must be a "final recorded form" of the song that has all the other tracks around (drums, bass, vocals, synths and what ever the song will have in the final form).
    - max total of 6 guitar tracks (2-4 preferred), you get to pick 1 amp. I can record max 2 mics at a time because I don't have any more stands and the interface only has 2 pre amps. Alternatively I can record the preamp or power amp output with the second channel if you wish to use impulses instead.
    - You get 1 day and/or 5 recalls for setting changes, which ever comes first. I'll be on Skype/AIM/MSN for the whole time. I highly suggest that if you know the amps in question, suggest appropriate starting settings and for the tone and micing you are looking for, otherwise I'll just go with what I think might fit judging from your reference mix.
    - If the guitar tracks are used in final product, I must be mentioned :loco:

2. Joel4662

Joel4662 Member

Dude thats sick
    Wanna reamp a track through that lil' Marshall on that orange cabinet ;D

3. ahjteam

ahjteam Anssi Tenhunen

Just a single guitar, no mix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/modefour_test.mp3 (ns2 + ts9 + mode four on od2 channel)

4. OneDaySky

OneDaySky Clint

Nice setup Anssi :) loving the Mode Four

5. ahjteam

ahjteam Anssi Tenhunen