This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

just when you thought it was done

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by theoden236, Oct 30, 2012.

1. orbsonb

orbsonb penguins jersey guy

The best parts of the original Star Wars movies are that they're crisp, fun adventure stories with heroes you can root for, dynamic characters who draw you in, and scary evil villains. All that stuff is naturally capitvating for kids, so of course the movies are going to be hugely popular with the preteen crowd...but that doesn't mean they have to be designed to appeal specifically to kids. i think some of the best "children's" entertainment works on multiple levels for different age brackets - the Hamlet connections in The Lion King, the apocalyptic visuals of the original Land Before Time, the "grown-up" thematic concepts behind stuff like Calvin and Hobbes and Adventure Time. you don't have to pander to kids to make a movie they'll like.

i'm willing to bet more kids these days know who Luke and Han Solo are than know who fucking Padme or Qui gon are. they're not memorable characters. no kid likes Jar Jar! i was eight when Episode One came out and even I knew he was fucking stupid. kids see through that shit.

2. Kafka

Kafka Member

Whoa. I was 8 when the first episode came out as well, doesn't seem like that long ago

3. neal

neal wizard in black

Calvin and Hobbes is the best ever

4. Talking Backwards

Talking Backwards Senior Citizen

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tra...chup_mark_wahlberg_to_star_in_transformers_4/

I was wondering who in the hell they would get to play Luke, Leia and Han. The original actors aren't dead or anything (obviously), but they are either pretty fucking old now, or very out of shape (not that they could not prepare for the movie, but have you seen Carrie Fisher? No bikini for her!). I also wouldn't be able to watch Mark Hamill without waiting for him to bust out the Joker voice.

I'm also wondering whose bright idea it was to ask Tarantino. Love pretty much all of his movies, but no way in hell could he possibly do Star Wars without sploitin it up.

#24 Talking Backwards, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015