This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KATAGORY V......

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Inner Peace, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Inner Peace

Inner Peace New Metal Member

While I am on my Nightmare records kick I popped in "The Rising Anger". I forgot how killer this cd truly is!!!! It really reminds me (at least) of Fates Warning "Sprectre Within" AND "Parallels", yes 2 entirely different Fates sounds but that's what I hear. Especially the song "Fading In...", it reminds me of "Eye To Eye", GREAT STUFF BOYS.CHEERS......

2. dtmetalfan69

dtmetalfan69 Southside Rocker

I hear that. Can't wait to see you guys in October. Dustin, I hope that your arm is holding up. I keep thinking about you!!!

Stay Metal!!!
    saMetal

3. MEGALOUD

MEGALOUD The Nightmare Has Begun..

Minneapolis/St. Paul,MN (The Twin Cities)
    HEY YOU THUNDERHEADS,

THERE WILL BE A NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR KATAGORY V,
    released in OCTOBER....and BONUS, those of you at PROG-POWER this year will be happy to know that we'll have it early and exclusively for you at the NIGHTMARE table!:headbang:

Rage on, don't forget to check out new forum out for Nightmare....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/nightmare-records-436/

peaceout

4. Dustin

Dustin C-C-Cool Beans!!!

Thanks for the props and kind words! ..."Fading In" seems to be a sleeper hit for a lot of K5 fans, we didn't think many would really like it as much as they do, which suprised us.

LOL!!!
    Those are definatley two completly different erea of Fates Warning all right, but very cool that we are able to combine the two effectively... I often tell the guys in the band that Jim Matheos could one day sue us for some of the blantant plagerisms in our music.
    :lol: :saint:

Seriusly though, we find it interesting that we get compared to FW as often as we do. We don't hear the influence but in a few parts of one or two songs, But it's no suprise it might be there in some form, they are one of our bigger influences.

As Lance mentioned, album #4 will be out in October, just in time for the fest - however, this new album is a bit of a direction shift for us, and I think we've shaken most of the FW stuff out of our system with the last album... or so we think.
    :loco:

5. Inner Peace

Inner Peace New Metal Member

Well, I look foward to the new cd. I think K5 is a "sleeper" band. I simply think the band is brilliant and deserves much more recognition. The time will come, ..........keep up the great work, Tom Argo

6. Dustin

Dustin C-C-Cool Beans!!!

Thanks Tom!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Very cool of you to say that! It really makes us feel good about what we do, and makes it all worth it for us when reading feedback like this. With the slew of bands out there (including the massive over-saturation due to myspace) and how competitive the market is for our genre, it's no surprise we get overlooked. But, it means a lot to us to know even a few people like yourself; that take the time to check us out, give us a chance, and find it to be very rewarding when our music actually clicks.
    :kickass:

3 out of 5 of us will be at the festival this year, and we'll be lurking near the Nightmare Records booth pimping album #4... Be sure to come by, hang out and say hello!
    :wave:

7. halcyonwayband@aol.com

halcyonwayband@aol.com Guitars - Halcyon Way

And I'm sure Dustin will perform the "mangina" for us all again....you might have competition this year though! My chin muff is getting pretty long!!!! =)

8. Dustin

Dustin C-C-Cool Beans!!!

I dunno, you might win this year... this ol' mangina is getting pretty beat up and old. gray hairs are popping up, and it hasn't been well maintainted. It looks like somone squashed a big fat tarantula on my face! :ill:

9. halcyonwayband@aol.com

halcyonwayband@aol.com Guitars - Halcyon Way

Yeah, but I can't pucker up like you can!!!!

10. Tarkus

Tarkus I love run on sentences

I vote to retire mangina. You need a new schtick.

Maybe we can staple your nuts to the wall or something? I'm open to any ideas.

11. Dustin

Dustin C-C-Cool Beans!!!

Marc... I believe you scared everyone off with that comment. :lol:
    Why don't we just shave the Mangina and staple that to my nuts?

okay... back on topic now - :loco:

...Here is the confirmation on the new albums release date, track listings and the artist creating the album cover... and yes, those of you wanting to get a copy of it before everyone else, step up to the Nightmare Records both over the upcoming Progpower weekend, and get hooked up.

Utah-based progressive/power metallers KATAGORY V have announced the release dates for their fourth album, "Hymns of Dissension", as well as the track listing and artist creating the album cover. The band has currently completed the recording of the album and is moving into the mixing phase.

"Here we are, at the half-way point with our fourth album! We've finished tracking everything finally, and are moving into mixing mode this week, but not without a few mishaps..." states bassist Dustin. "With performing some live shows during the recording process, we've had to balance recording with rehearsing, and sacrifice studio time which slowed thing down a bit, but fortunately, we are still on schedule. However, we also had a computer crash in the studio last weekend, which holds some of the vital information used in getting some of the mixing done, as well as click tracks and a few other needed programs. Thankfully, everything was recorded and already on tape, so it is only a minor financial and timely inconvenience. If that is all we have to worry about, then all is good!

"The upside to all this, is that the product coming back so far is sounding excellent, and we feel it will be our strongest and most adventurous album to date. The rough mixes we have heard while recording some of the final parts, already has us very excited to get this album out there... We feel we have a lot to offer to metal fans with this new album, both musically and lyrically."

KATAGORY V has also enlisted the talents of infamous Swedish artist Mattias Norén (EVERGREY, KAMELOT, INTO ETERNITY) to create the cover art for the "Hymns of Dissension" album.

"We're very happy to be working with Mattias on this project, and he has already sent us the proofs of the finished product for us to look at," Dustin said. "It is far beyond our expectations and fits the mood of this album perfectly. Absolutely amazing! However, we are not ready to reveal it just yet…. Everyone will have to wait a bit longer for that."

"Hymns of Dissension" has been scheduled for release via Lance King's (AVIAN, ex-PYRAMAZE/BALANCE OF POWER) label, Nightmare Records, in the U.S. and Canada on October 16.

The nine songs set to appear on the album are:

01. Apologetic Heart
    02. No Matter What
    03. King's of the Valley
    04. Forlorn Child
    05. The Workforce
    06. Do Feeling Remain
    07. Can You Hear Them
    08. Lies and Illusions
    09. Listen to You, Listen to Me

There will also be two exclusive bonus tracks for this release: The NMR version will include the songs "Enemy" (previously unreleased studio track) and a re-recorded version of "Sands of Time" (from the album "A New Breed of Rebellion")

12. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

Mangina was retired it is now BUFFY!!!!!:heh: :heh: :heh: