This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Killswitch Engage!

Discussion in 'US Metal Scene' started by AtTheGates213, Jul 13, 2002.

1. AtTheGates213

AtTheGates213 Till Fjalls

I hope the US gives birth to more bands like this. These guys are some of the best American metal i've heard in some time.

2. Sadistik

Sadistik Let me die in solitude...

I hate those guys...they sucked all over the Hypocrisy show (as did Soilwork and all the other bands NOT named Hypocrisy)....

3. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Watcher of the Storm

Denver, Colorado, United States of Arrogance
    I think soilwork is ok live though i can't stand their new material. How was hypocrisy? that tour didn't come here. good set list?

I agree though, Killswitch engage is not all that.

4. TheEmperor

TheEmperor Depraved

Killswitch Engage are great, and so are Soilwork! Natural Born Chaos is one of the best albums this year so far

5. Sadistik

Soilwork sounds like shitty americore with bad vox and great solos...so what! Great solos are not worth sitting through hours of boring crap. Take my lack of an Yngwie collection for example.....

Hypocrisy was good, but the two new songs they played made me want to puke, cry, or both simultaneously. KSE blows. Its disgusting how all Swedeath bands want to sound like American hardcore so much that they are now unrecognizable as seperate genres (save for The Crown and Amon Amarth, both of whom never fit in that category anyways). So yes, KSE sucks, and so does Soilwork, despite the wicked solos.....

6. TheEmperor

TheEmperor Depraved

I don't agree at all, but that's a matter of taste I guess.... I think KSE and Soilwork both are great bands. So are Hypocrisy of course, and I also like their new material

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Watcher of the Storm

Denver, Colorado, United States of Arrogance
    Hypocrisy has maybe an album or two worth of good material throughout their career. i haven't liked soilwork sense the chainheart machine. their new stuff is just too, umm, i dunno, happy, yucky, siticky lovey sounding or something like that. I duno. its poppy i guess. i dont like it.

8. Elysian Blaze

Elysian Blaze The Blade

If you don't care for Killswitch Engage, I'm sure you don't care for Shadows Fall, either?

9. Cyclonus

Cyclonus Haha Fuck You

KSE are pretty good, nothing new or spectacular about them, its just that bands playing that style (metalcore I reckon...) rarely get as good production as they did on their album.

They say they are the "Death of Numetal"... what you guys think about that? I think they will get popular (like Pantera popular, not Korn popular), but no band will ever take the focus of numetal, because mainsteam conformer fucks are simple minded and can only handle 2 or 3 chords in their songs... heh...

Soilwork... I like em... older stuff is more brutal, newer stuff is better produced... each has its pros and cons... I like it all though...

10. Sadistik

No Shadows fall blows nuts too, but, once again, they have stellar lead work, as if thats supposed to make me care. I may be a guitar nerd, but I'm a DISCERNING guitar nerd :)

Same trap Arch enemy is in. Killer solos, shitty everything else...

11. frog

frog guh

i like KSE, saw them with hypocrisy and soilwork.

They're coming again this saturday, although i'm not thrilled at seeing at least one of the other bands play....