This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kontakt 4 Multi Out Problem!

Discussion in 'Production' started by FredBarkley85, Jan 30, 2012.

1. FredBarkley85

FredBarkley85 New Metal Member

Hey guys! I just tried programming drums with Kontakt4 and SSD 3.5 but I got some probs with the output routing in Cubase 5.
    I know that I have to open Kontakt and activate all outputs in the VST instruments panel (F11) in Cubase.
    Then I load a drumkit in Kontakt(for example the big fatty kit).
    When I click on the output mixer icon there is no RESET OUTPUT MAP or MAKE DEFAULT button like it is explained in the SSD 3.5 manual...
    Any ideas? I really need to fix this problem to activate the multi outputs...

[​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. onemorelie

onemorelie Member

3. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

I have this same problem. I used to use kontakt 3.5 and 4 to trigger SSD and sturgis' cymbals respectively, but now I load it all through K4. When I create/load an instrument, I create a new output path and just set it up on whatever plugin channels I want for outboard like any other instrument. Then when I'm creating aux channels I can just delete whichever ones aren't used. The path is a little crude, but it works for me. I use logic 9 as well so if you need help I may be able to help you out a little more in-depth.

4. FredBarkley85

Guys please...
    Is there anybody with the answer to our question? Would be so so great...

5. FredBarkley85

Oh my gosh...it's gettin worse...
    I just tried to open some of my cubase projects and it seems that every file is maipulated!
    Every kontakt 4 vst routing is crashed and the instruments are dancing totally crazy in the panorama...
    Just bought SSD EX 4.0. The SSD Sampler VST just disappears if I try to re-open a project.
    There are so many errors related to Kontakt 4 and SSD Sampler when I open a project.... I lose track of it...
    Please, if anybody has an idea, let us know...
    I am really desperate right now!

6. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

If you're having those kinds of errors with SSD4, you probably didn't download the latest updated archives. I had that problem too. Kontakt and SSD4 really isn't that hard to work with, just read the manual a couple times and experiment in your DAW. Here's a good video tutorial on kontakt 3 multi-out that is pretty synonymous with kontakt 4 (save for creating your own out channels): http://youtu.be/ROCGKsW62YA

7. Harrison West

Harrison West Recording Enthusiast

I have been using the Kontakt player with Joeys Cymbal pack, this is somewhat unrelated but. After a few hours of soloing instruments (Looking for what is making a glitch sound) every 10 seconds or so. Ive realized it is just the cymbals ( i run every drum through kontakt) ive changed buffers and other settings they are still there. I have 4 gigs of RAM and the cpu meter never surpasses 50% Any ideas?