This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lead/Rhythm Guitar Tone

Discussion in 'Production' started by cvdpoel, Mar 26, 2013.

1. cvdpoel

cvdpoel Member

Are you guys using the same tones for your leads or completely different ones? I've had good results either way, just wanted to know y'all's opinions!

2. GTanguay

GTanguay Member

I tend to use the same tone to avoid phase problem when using pod farm but in a reamping situation I'd probably dial two different tones with different heads if possible! You can listen a clip here https://soundcloud.com/#guillaume-tanguay/draw-the-line-export-vocals same tone for rythms and and lead but with delay and reverb!

Edit: I don't eq them the same way tho!

3. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

Like Gtanguay said, I typically stick with the same tones to avoid phase issues. Whatever fits the mix best.

4. Bay Studio

Bay Studio Member

Yes, always! I know most of the guys here use pod farm/amp sims etc. I mostly go with 2 amps for rhythms (5150/Laney blkhrt mostly) throguh 2 cabs (orange(back)/randall). Leads are mostly Green channel on the 5150. Gives you a real nice lead tone (that green channel).