This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lemmy Cuts Another Show Short

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Palabra de Dios, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

I know very few people are surprised to see this happening at his age, given his health history and his relationship to whiskey and other more potent substances. But watching the videos, I'm actually quite sad to see this. Lemmy taught a lot of us what the hell "Rock N Roll" really means. I know he always said he'd go out on the road, but it's really quite sad to see a man whose body is quite literally breaking down in front of us.

:(

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/

2. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

It's a sad day when Lemmy can't perform anymore.
    Never been a big fan, but he is a fucking icon!
    Hope he makes it back for one more go 'round

3. Justin G

Justin G Member

Very sad, but if anyone has earned a retirement, it's Lemmy.

4. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

That's possibly the best a crowd has ever handled that sort of cancellation though. Poor guy needs to rest.

5. Scott B

Scott B Member

I think "Icon" pretty much sums it up. Jeez, the guy tech'd for Hendrix! Hopefully he will just spend time recuperating before the Motorboat thing at the end of the month. If he needs to call a last show, that would be the way to go.

6. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Master of Corgis

Sounds like Motorhead needs to get off of their tour and he needs to get healthy.

I really don't get the fact that he has severe diabetes and keeps drinking, though.

7. DarkOne

DarkOne Black Belt in Sarcasm

That is so freakin' sad!

And yes, kudos to the crowd for the support. They could tell he was trying, and not storming off throwing an Axl Rose hissy fit. Scott B said it best: "Icon"

Steve in Philly

P.S. - The ageless ones like Lemmy and Dio do finally succumb. There's another sad day in metal coming soon.

8. dtfanatic

dtfanatic Member

Tenacious D needs to do a new song about Lemmy.

9. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Air is too thin? Sounds like a bad case of COPD to me. Thats too bad. Horrible way to go.

10. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

MOTÖRHEAD - THE DOC HAS SPOKEN: "LEMMY HAD A LUNG INFECTION"

Earlier today, Motörhead's management issued the following statement:

"St. Louis here we come! The wait is over and the Doc has spoken. Lemmy had a lung infection (exacerbated by that Denver altitude) which has now been taken care of. Subsequently, Lemmy’s ready to give it a go in St. Louis at The Pageant theater on Tuesday, September 8th where Motörhead will continue the 40th Anniversary tour in support of their new album Bad Magic.

Amidst all the wonderful support Lemmy has received, many have rightfully said he owes us nothing as he has given us... everything. We, however, owe Lemmy something…our total respect for his fierce, single-minded and beautifully stubborn determination to continue burning asphalt, playing rock’n'roll and live where he has always been most comfortable - on the road! Thanks again for all your support and see you soon!"