This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Let's bitch

Discussion in 'Bar' started by azistenostora, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

Agreed fuck this fucking shit year. [​IMG]

ForHerDeadEyes likes this.
  2. SocialNumb

SocialNumb Damn Christians!

Not enough Feminism. White men just need to do better in 2017. :rofl:

3. Loren Littlejohn

LOL fuck MTV for real. It's so fucking odd that they would give a platform to racists in 2016 and I assume in 17 as well.

4. SocialNumb

They've sunk so low that their aim is to compete with buzzfeed and Vice, according to wiki. Check your white privilege and conform to the Church of Intersectional Feminism shitlord!

Wacky times.

5. Smallstep

Smallstep Member

Fuck my fucking cars. Had to buy 2 sets of tires and will have to buy another set in about 4 months, fucking ball-joints had to be changed on both + my shocks on one and I still have the breaks to change. Fuck you. Like all of that within 2 months. I would have loved tp buy an ENGL instead ;(

6. Loren Littlejohn

With the exception of things under pressure, I've learned to turn a wrench for the exact reason you state.

I agree fuck cars.

7. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

Yup. My car is currently illegal. Inspection expired end of December. Supposed to leave to Ohio this coming Sunday for work (first work I've had since April due to issues with pinched nerve in my back, which still isn't fully 100%), trying to get my car to a shop but have no way to really get it there.....find out today that I am supposed to leave like RIGHT NOW to Ohio, not even close to being prepared. I work for my dad and I get paid good to go away from home and work for a few weeks at a time, but he tends to leap through his own asshole 99% of the time and it kills me. Don't tell me we are leaving in a week, then not even 24 hours later turn around and say we have to leave now. Fuck!!

ForHerDeadEyes likes this.
  8. Smallstep

Smallstep Member

Would you turn a wrench here these days, at -30 Celsius ? :p Fuck Winter !!

9. Loren Littlejohn

Depends on how much money it saves me. A brake job for example usually saves me $150 or more so yeah I'll fucking climb my ass outside and have a go.

10. Loren Littlejohn

My car is throwing an evap code, of course right before it's due for inspection. Fucking annoyed as fuck because I am not equipped to diagnose that problem and the code is showing a small leak (of fucking course).

SOOOOO I'm just going to change the gas cap, separator and purge valve and hope for the best. NOT fucking thrilled, but it is a 99 after all.

If that doesn't work, I'm probably out at least $300 to fix the problem (most likely more).

Buying all your cars cash is great till they fucking break down. Thankfully my wife is in a 14 sonata so hopefully I get to look forward to some years of normal maintenance and nothing insane breaking down (still 20k on the warranty as well which is good).

Fuck debt, but fuck messing with old cars just as much.

11. Pharaoh's Curse

Cat converter and / or O2 sensors can give you that error as well. I just replaced everything in my S10 to get rid of mine.

12. SocialNumb

The midi controller market is filled with garbage. What a frustrating experience.

13. Loren Littlejohn

Want my broken fucking novation that died outside of warranty doing nothing but sitting on my desk? Nothing more amazing that spending $300 on a fucking paperweight!

Did I mention it's Focusrite only wanted $65 an hour, plus I would have to pay for shipping both ways to fix it and no matter what I was on the hook for shipping and a diagnostic fee of $32.50?

Seriously what a fucking steal!

Shit I forgot all about this happening last year. It soured me enough to never bother with Novation again TBH. Shit shouldn't just stop working when all it does is sit mostly unplugged and unused.

14. SocialNumb

That sucks. That's what I mean. It's all mostly garbage that breaks/malfunctions quick. Flashy looking plastic things with lights and terrible keys. Akai Advance or Nektar Panorama P series look like the best ones as far as can do everything controllers go. What they can do is impressive honestly. Builds are ok too, in comparison to most of these controllers. I could go the Studiologic rout. Very little control, if any, but the builds are great with great keys. I'm actually leaning on the latter. I figure you get what you pay for. 600+ for keys and a solid build vs 600 for all the bells and whistles and ok build and meh keys. Yamaha, Kurzweil and the likes are too expensive for me at the moment. I think I'm going to have to ebay it and get a used Studiologic. Waiting, waiting. Forever.

I followed people on youtube, those unboxing videos/reviews, to see how long it took until they found something wrong with their controller, M-Audio, Novation, Alesis, ect. A whacky key, an encoder malfunctioning, squeaking, velocities jumping around, ect. All the budget controllers failed one way or the other within months. Sooner in most cases. It's terrible man. They don't even make noise haha. ;) You'd think one these companies would come up with a solid minimal controller with decent keys at around the same price. I'd surly appreciate it.

Anyways, I still don't have one. This sucks.

15. Loren Littlejohn

I've honestly contemplated buying a new one and returning the old one. I hate being a fucking asshole like that but seriously if the repair is going to run me near the price of buying a new one then fuck em.

16. ForHerDeadEyes

ForHerDeadEyes Señor Member

@37 seconds (spent fucking years now trying to embed the time, but the forum keeps stripping away that info and it seems after looking online that you can't actually link timestamps in this type of forum right now/anymore)
    It's actually perfect with your username; didn't notice until I was about to post.. :D
    I have no idea if they really do check serial numbers or something on things that are returned.
    A music store here said they didn't take back things if the package had been open but I packed it all up and returned it anyway.

#36 ForHerDeadEyes, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017