This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Feel_The_Force, May 25, 2006.

1. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

you got me wrong:lol:

I don't compare it to real guitars, IMO it's just a game like you said, but I just don't like it, I've played it a few times and like i said the drumset was fun (eventhough you really shouldnt play it at *easy* if you can play some standard beats on a real drumset.. it's way too dumb :D ) but the guitar just bores me.

2. Nerve

Nerve Record Collector

That wasn't my point either. I really don't think players should quit GH and go practise a real guitar. When you play FPS, it's not supposed to be better to get a gun and do real infiltration missions, so why it should be here ?
    And I didn't say people don't learn correctly how to play guitar : I play Destruction Derby, and still I had my driving licence. So don't get me wrong. It's all but true when parents say the kids should spend more time on real instruments, because if there wasn't any GH, they would play something else. I'm sure most of them see GH as a game, not as a real way to make music. Therefore, I read somewhere that 19% of players say they started real playing after discovering the game. It's just a question of motivation : for some it's a song they wanna play, for others a video game, and I'm totally ok with that. In the end, GH allows you to have a part of the pleasure of playing without the training. You can have fun and play the rock star without knowing how to play, so why not ? I played it a few times, I suck at it, and I really don't like it, but there are many other things that I don't like, after all.

I know it's just a game, and I wouldn't be that angry if it was still just so : the shit is taking too much importance nowadays. First, this is not a musical game : it's a rythm game. You're not supposed to play the song right, but only to follow the colors on the screen. So it is more asking from the visual than the earing. To me, the Rock Band drum set is what the game should be : axed on rythm. Second : it doesn't respect at all the real notes you play on a guitar. You don't play Come As You Are by 4-4-1-5. When you're a guitar player, you have to "unlearn" your reflexes to play properly. Third : you cannot play whatever you want. You're guided by the game, and you can't modulate the playing as you like. The GH ads make you believe you play music, and this is dangerous to me : YOU'RE NOT, this game is not even close to playing music, it's just a dissimulated version of the most basic principle of gaming : pushing the right buttons at the right moment. And don't tell me the kids can discover metal with this : if everything you know about Metallica is how to play One on extreme mode, you obviously know nothing.
    4th (and major point) : to me, it contributes to the ruin of rock music. Seriously, Kurt Cobain as a playable character ? That would be the opposite to what he wanted. All the noise around GH is nothing but promotion, music industry, glitters, so far from what rock really is. It's like selling Pink Floyd on the iTunes store : totally pointless.
    The rock culture is almost dead, and making it a fashion thing is not helping. Rock is everywhere nowadays. Back in 1995, listening to rock music made of you an asocial and a weird guy. Today, I see 20yo girls wearing perfectos and Motorhead shirts, and they don't know one fucking song from the band. It's like this "geek" thing. Big glasses, jacket in pants, loving maths and computers was a nerd thing two years ago, today it's the new black.
    I think it would be cool to get the rock culture back today, but it's only a clothing mode. Girls who are "rock since birth" were "hip hop" three years ago. GH is kinda the same to me : it's hype to pretend you're a rockhead and you're a big fan of Lamb Of God, but you only know one song from them, loser.

tl;dr : I don't care about the gaming process but the "rock" mode pisses me off.

3. EddyRX10

EddyRX10 rtard

I agree with absolutely everything you just said. :worship:

I think another reason musicians get pissed of @ GH&RB is that its degrading to see an instrument into which you've poured years of your life being turned into a fisher price toy for the mindless masses. :lol:

4. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

>implying anybody cares what Kurt Cobain wouldve wanted

[​IMG]

Trolling aside, i agree completely with everything you've said. I bet my ass the music industry is pumping this trend to the maximum to make up for "lost revenues from piracy"(ignoring the fact that studies show that people who pirate use on average 40% more money on music a year than people who dont pirate, not defending piracy, but going against the music industry's fucking constant bitching and whining)

5. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Fuck no.

I hate doing it as well.

Also dicks.

6. Ensi

This.

7. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Kinda like Macs AMIRITE? /nerdalert

But i suppose some people fret about that, my biggest issue are REALLY the few of my friends who adore the game, and talk to me as if we're FELLOW GUITARISTS when I'm the only one who can actually play an instrument worth shit :lol: but oh well :p

8. Ensi

^Yeah, I agree :(

9. vikk

vikk Member

rock can fuck off

10. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

ONLY METAL IS TR00 >8((((

11. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Why I hate GH:

[​IMG]

12. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

See? What I said - confusing games with real life. Or caring too much that others do. So the game attracts some douchebags. Douchebags have been around for a while. I don't really see the connection between "it's too trendy" and "it makes you feel like you actually play something" and "the game sucks". It's as fun as rhythm games have gotten thus far, it's a cool and relaxing "party game", and I couldn't care less what a bunch of 13 y.o. idiots on Youtube make out of it. Not sure why you do.

13. EddyRX10

EddyRX10 rtard

WINRAR
    Typical Mac User

14. vitorias123

vitorias123 Faceless

Same thing for every music genre.

15. TheKid

TheKid OFR

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

THAT'S IT
    FUCKING SHIT OF THIS BS
    NEXT COMPUTER I GET IS A FUCKING WINDOWS

16. Ensi

Wise choice.

Then you can finally play games!

17. vikk

vikk Member

i'm pissed with my windows boot cd, it doesn't fucking work... installing Ubuntu right naw

18. TheKid

TheKid OFR

It's only to shut you cockmunchers up, I have an xbox for teh gaemz

although having Steam would be nice

19. EddyRX10

EddyRX10 rtard

Delicious

20. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

XBAWKS is teh devil.

Srsly, get a fcking PC.