This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Feel_The_Force, May 25, 2006.

1. s

s Member

Doing a quick google, from Bodybuilding.com:

Creatine, glutamine and protein are 3 of the top supplements for gaining lean muscle and strength.

Fuel Your Performance
    Promote Glycogen Resynthesis
    Support Protein Metabolism
    The Athlete's Amino Acid

Glutamine is highly in demand throughout the body. It is used in the gut and immune system extensively to maintain optimal performance.

60% of free-form amino acids floating in skeletal muscles is L-glutamine.

L-glutamine plays a very important role in protein metabolism and it appears to be a very important nutrient for athletes.

When supplemented, it may help athletes reduce the amount of muscle breakdown that occurs because other tissues that need glutamine will not rob the glutamine stored in the muscle cells

s

2. s

s Member

Glutamine's generally present in animal proteins, a 'brain food', improves mental capacities, used in treatment of depression, alcoholism, schizophrenia, senility, etc.

Good for the nervous & immune system, in times of stress, illness and after surgery, shortens the healing time of ulcers, used in many treatments.

s

3. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

I can so understand gaymores ex-guitarist and drummer.

4. the stone's hinge

the stone's hinge Professional Do-Gooder

Dudes, use creatine only if you need it. It's for those looking to gain weight and can't do so through regular means. So, if you're just a jacktard who doesn't want to work as hard at gaining weight and muscle, then you're going into it for the wrong reasons. Creatine's like a plan B for those who tried to gain muscle and failed.

Important thing you have to know, is that it helps you gain weight. If that weight becomes muscle is up to you. If you start taking creatine and get lax with your working out, all that weight IS going to be water weight.

If you take creatine, and you don't notice your training volume go up in one week, it WILL NOT work for you. So, stop taking it.

You also have to factor in diet. If you eat shitty food, creatine won't help you. If you eat a lot of meat, taking creatine won't show you that improvement you're looking for because meat is...wait for it...high in creatine. If you're a vegetarian, though, you'll most likely get a HUGE response.

You have to put the work in to really get the most out of creatine. And yeah, drink it with fruit juice. You need the spike in sugar.

5. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

BUT DRUGS R KOOOOL

6. Undefined

Undefined Indefinite Entity

I'm startign a new routine so I don't see any reason not to start taking it as well.

7. Undefined

Creatine isn't for gaining weight either wtf :lol:

8. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

NO but it makes you absorb water like a motherfucker, water weight goes up quite a bit, then it all goes down when you stop. Im not reading the gingerrant, tld;r

9. Undefined

Make your muscle absorb more energy basically BUT the shit does also attract water if it doesn't digest properly so it makes you bloated as fuck. Aw well, don't have anyone to impress.

10. Undefined

Imma do 8-16 weeks of it ideally.

11. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

If you're gonna take creatine take the good stuff. The cheap shit will give you stomach cramps like a mothafucka!

12. the stone's hinge

the stone's hinge Professional Do-Gooder

Read more about it; the intended USE isn't to make you gain weight. It WILL make you gain weight, though. Whether it's water weight or not is up to you and your exercise regimen.

For lazyfuck Cliff, tl;dr version:

Use creatine if you can't gain muscle on your own. If you eats too much meats, it's pointless. Don't be a pussy when you take it; work out like a muh fucka.

13. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

To be honest creatine is only good when combined with other stuff, like a nitric oxide product...it doesn't do much on its own unless taken in high doses. My advice would be not to waste money on creatine. If you only want it for the energy you should take caffeine pills instead; they're much cheaper and work beautifully.

14. Undefined

Well I didn't pay for it and I don't forsee that I will... also, it is a creatine blend formula which I read is superior to creatine alone as it contains Nitric Oxide, and a bunch of other stuff for opimum delivery to your body. Thanks for the info though man, I trust your word for sure.

15. Undefined

Haha I already fucking looks bloated as fuck!

16. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

:lol: yeah its fun.
    I'm going to get back onto the stricter diet after Christmas, I have 2 weeks of free booze and food ahead of me.

17. s

s Member

That applies to everything, anyone with common sense would know when you get lax with your working out you aren't going to gain.

You train, you reach a plateau, then you take supplements to give you a bit more boost, they're called 'supplements' because you supplement your normal and supposedly healthy diet with them.

What irks me is these people who don't exercise hard enough and drink Gatorade and the like thinking it's healthier for them. If you don't put your body under the stress required to lose electrolytes, etc. it will just make you fatter.

s

18. Undefined

I haven't bought Gatorade since 1998. Back when Orbitz was on the shelves :lol: And I exercise at 80% my BPM for 35 mins on the bike then run for 20 mins... I'm soaked in sweat and feeling high but I drink a SHITLOAD of water all day long... I know that doesn't serve the same purpose as Gatorade but I dunno... I've never really felt the need to have it.

19. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

Creatine, great for your kidneys.

20. Undefined

Not proven to fuck up your kidneys and liver as bad as people say. Besides it's not like I'm taking a shitload.