This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

life quality poll

Discussion in 'RC' started by Erik, Jan 10, 2006.

?

i think my life at the moment is

1. shit

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. ok

43 vote(s)
    58.9%
  3. great

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. Krilons Resa

Krilons Resa High Infidelity

I think ppl waste way more time on FB and they even check that shit waiting in line at the grocery store, at every red light, while eating every meal, literally ANY & EVERY SINGLE MOMENT that they don’t know wtf to do with themselves. It’s insane.

Reign in Acai likes this.
  2. MFJ

MFJ Member

Yeah, it truly is one of the worst things to ever happen to mankind (even though we created it). The internet should have been limited to:

Wikipedia and other informative/encyclopedia-type websites
    Places where you can buy things
    Metal-Archives
    E-mail providers
    websites for businesses
    Youtube (but with the ads, comments, subscriptions, and likes/dislikes removed)

Adults are bad enough with Facebook, but kids these days are FUCKED UP by this stuff. They don't realize that every single goddamn thing on the internet is tailored to their individual interests and needs. The social media websites show them what they want to see. These kids have totally lost the ability to empathize with other people and to see the "big picture". They're smart but they have no critical thinking skills. When they want information about something, they open up their phone and BOOM, there it is- the obvious "truth". For them, everything they see about a specific topic on facebook or reddit leans in one direction, so that's just the way it is.

Not to get too philosophical, but Timothy Leary predicted that the internet would be the "LSD of the 21st century". That is to say it could open up narrow minds to some new ideas or different ways of thinking. Well, a lot dudes like Leary eventually ended up hooked on hard drugs. For a brief time, his prediction was pretty accurate IMO. The internet was fucking exciting back in the day, but now its just like some dirty heroin.

#622 MFJ, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Reign in Acai and Krilons Resa like this.
  3. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

Instagram has been more annoying than usual lately, what with the "register to vote" banners constantly popping up. I get the reason for it, but let me disable that since I'm already and always registered to vote. Also, I now receive notifications to follow specific, random accounts, and I can't seem to delete the notifications the same way I can delete follow requests. Dumb.

4. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

Pixel 4a turned out to be meh. Basic functions are fine and it runs my work apps, but overall it's a worse mid-range phone than my old Honor 8. Google weather widget disappears frequently (a common gripe, apparently). My Amazon Music purchases disappear and won't reappear unless I uninstall/reinstall the app entirely. The sound quality through headphones isn't jammable without using a heavily-tweaked third party music player. In fact, you pretty much have to install a third party player because the phone only comes with YouTube Music. Camera is great. Haven't decided if I'll keep it or sell.

In the meantime, I've cleaned out my S9 some more and replaced the SD card. Tis working a bit better.

5. rms

rms Active Member

Ah shit just bought a 4a. My 2 is starting to die. And yeah, they discontinued google play music for youtube music,and that app sucks. I bought poweramp for 5$ and am very happy

6. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

I bought and tried both Poweramp and Rocket with the 4a. They were okay once I tinkered with the EQ settings enough, but I never could get those apps to work with my lock screen how I wanted. Slightly preferred Rocket over Poweramp.

rms likes this.
  7. J.

J. Old Fart

Life is good, despite the fact I had a minor surgery done to remove a melanoma from my arm (tricep area). I've got a bunch of stitches and it looks like Frankenstein's monster. But they got it all, so it's all good.

Still have a torn meniscus, but that is another problem for another time.

Getting old sucks. Don't do it.

We are still talking and I've gone to her house on a bunch of occasions the past 10 days just to hang out and meet her kids. Things are going well in this area of my life.

Krilons Resa likes this.
  8. NAD

NAD What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

Oktoberfest lunch at the local German deli today. First restaurant experience since March, patio dining with maybe 10 other people. Bratwurst and an 11am beer never tasted so good, even if I might be dead in 2 weeks, lol idk.

Krilons Resa and einride like this.
  9. einride

einride friendly pal with a smile

my new job fuckin rules folks

Krilons Resa and Ellestin like this.
  10. Ellestin

Ellestin one-click buy

Kudos young man

Sent out my first two invoices today. No pools o' gold in sight yet but here's to new starts!

Krilons Resa and einride like this.
  11. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

I brought my printer back to the office today. Another step towards normalcy (if there is such a thing).

Krilons Resa likes this.
  12. ~Neurotica

~Neurotica perfectly insane

Had my first ever MRI yesterday. Damn this was disturbing... 10 minutes of claustrophobic distress. And it wasn't even a closed one.
    The sound though... I felt like I was attending a metal show =D

Krilons Resa likes this.
  13. J.

J. Old Fart

Ah yes, the old MRI. I've had one of my knee (outside) and one of my shoulder (inside). I thought for a while the tech had forgotten about me while I was stuck in there. Good times!

Glad you made it through okay.

~Neurotica and Krilons Resa like this.
  14. Opeth17

Opeth17 Bill Ward's Red Pants

In the years since I responded to this poll:

Got a girlfriend
    Graduated college
    Got a job as a history teacher
    Survived cancer
    Got married to said girlfriend
    converted to Orthodox Christianity
    Wife had our first kid
    Started listening to metal again
    Got my Master's degree
    Wife had our second kid
    Working on PhD

So still great.

15. Reign in Acai

Reign in Acai Gnats before thy gums

Life's good outside of having a homeless filth dive through my dumpster. At first I cut fucktards some slack, figuring they were can collecting, but vermin were overturning everything. I roll down to hit them up while theyre on dumpster two and verbally lay into them like Profanity on a mid afternoon bus ride through the streets of Wellington. Fooqs got me so fired up, Im posting on RC ffs.

Ended up calling the popo just to drive the point home. "Dont come back swine." Los Angeles is a fucking cess pit beyond recognition.

Bought a crib out of state, but work is paying good money to twiddle my thumbs, so renting itout for the interim. Quite the conundrum.

Re:NFL, fuck those SJW cunts. If I wanted to see someone roll around in the dirt chasing balls, I would have followed Kamala Harris's rise to prominence.

Opeth17 and Krilons Resa like this.
  16. Krilons Resa

Good to hear, lads & lass!

Opeth17 and ~Neurotica like this.
  17. Opeth17

Opeth17 Bill Ward's Red Pants

:lol:

18. Krilons Resa

Very clever, indeed.

19. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

Had a dental checkup today. Highlight was finding out my blood pressure has gone down significantly. It's been high-ish for years, but today it was well within the normal range. Diet and exercise really do pay off.