This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Live Videos Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Oct 8, 2009.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Well, he had a shoulder operation, has been working on a new album, while rekindling old songs... He does lift his right hand up several times during this gig tho, so I suppose it's ok... if it was the right shoulder that needed surgery.

#1041 (__Joonas__), Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. (__Joonas__)

1st song was Deadnight Warrior. They couldn't stream the first 1 and 1/2 songs because of the rain. BAD LUCK guys, if only it didn't rain for that five minutes and if the audio guy knew how to do his fucking job, many would've got the recording of their dreams!

This is not my dream setup, but I love certain song additions to it (The Nail, Warheart - haven't heard Hatebreeder yet cos there's no recording of it.)

I still insist, why do they play the Bed of Razors keyboard intro one octave too high? It ruins it. Is it a tied sound quick selection where the lower keys have a different sound, there's not enough quick selection buttons for this sound alone? I don't get it, it's been like this since 2009 or so when it came back. It's just another HCDR intro which I dislike. Can't you at least try playing it an octave lower like it should be? And I'm not sure but I think the original sound itself is less attacky and more 'mysterious.' It sounds like you just walked into a trap of sharp objects after drinking a bottle of absinthe. You could even have Alexi and Daniel have a little high pitch freestyle solo battle before the intro to mimic the razors' vein-cutting sharpness.

#1042 (__Joonas__), Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  3. Sany

Sany Member

In one of his interviews he says hes only sleeping about 3 Hours, because he has going so much on in his head. Everyone knows that this is absolutely not healthy, and since he is not becoming this in normal state (like sleeping 6-8 hours a night) he will just become worse...

Sad to see this coming in a few years!

4. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

It's funny how he plays nowadays. Most of the solos he plays are totally out of my league (He plays them somewhat sloppily, I can't play them at all), but the stuff that I can actually play, I play much cleaner than Alexi.

5. CharIie

CharIie Moss

^
    I feel exactly the same as you ESA. So many solo I'm sooooo far from being able to play, but on the rythm and melody part I feel like I can now play most of it much cleaner than Alexi. Lot of people would say that I'm not on stage, but I think he is over any type of stage fright, so it's kind of the same XD

6. (__Joonas__)

If I sleep one night only 4 hours, I'm very worried and anxious, full or rage and bitterness, feel like my body is dying, and can't function cognitively. It's a survival mode. Stress and anxiety is dissolved in the very last hours of 8 hour sleep. Muscles need time to recover, digestion needs a break, brains need to reload. You need those epic nightmares just before waking up relaxed, to drop the mind's burden, that's when your brains processes the anxiety haunting underneath the surface of cognition. With a 8 hour sleep I feel like a god.

#1046 (__Joonas__), Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  7. (__Joonas__)

Will we EVER get a Bodom gig recorded with this kind of absolute monster quality? I'd really love to have songs like Halo of Blood recorded with this kind of punch, clarity and correct mixing.

8. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

I highly doubt that. Alexi can barely play the guitar anymore. Honestly, he should just stop at this point. I saw them on the tour in March in Berlin and it was utter crap. I would have played a better show, honestly. He literally is destroying is own legend. He once was a guitar god, now..... I don't want to say. :(

9. (__Joonas__)

That's dark man. The next album has to have something radical and exciting to change the game, like songs packed with musical information and epic ideas. They've been too generic with the last three albums. It's not just guitar playing, creativity in songwriting is as important. Like really, the songs need to be intense, in different ways, be it a sense of heaviness, speed, material density... well, passion is what determines how much work they do for it and how much they ponder new ideas.

#1049 (__Joonas__), Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. Sany

Sany Member

He needs just rest. Let them be Home for 1 Year or something, before they can record/play anything. He needs to find back in a standard Day, do Meditation, Yoga or any-fuckin-thing before it gets worth! Look at Triviums Matt, Metal is not like in the Young years to only Party and drink boy!

True words! I can sleep maybe 2-3 Days with "only" 4-5 Hours, but then my body reminds me to get more sleep.

11. (__Joonas__)

First of all, we gotta hand it to him for doing the absolute unexpected for us and digging into the ancient classics and pulling them off live.

Then I think it could be good if he went to a cabin alone for a composing "retreat" away from the urban depression and disturbances. He dislikes silence but he has to plunge into this meditative silence to listen to the actual underlying thoughts, that's where the epic song ideas stem from.

12. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

! :D 2017.09.10 ( sorry if it is off :) )

#1052 COB-666, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  13. (__Joonas__)

I was looking forward to that keyboard solo, highlight of the song. Well, it worked fine at the end too, but the mixer guy is asleep. It's weird if there's still demand for this type of music now that nobody drinks anymore.

14. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Hatebreeder! Yesterday... in Kiev. :) ( 07:29- )

15. CharIie

CharIie Moss

Oh man... I was living in Kiev last year and I left this august. I was so pissed because they came and played in my student town in France while I was studying in Kiev and when I go back to France they come play in Kiev XD

16. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Full show in Moscow ( Sept. 16, 2017 )

17. CharIie

CharIie Moss

Deadnight Warrior just fits perfectly as an opener for the show.

18. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Aaand... September 21. Facebook live! :)

[​IMG]

19. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

This exactly. It sounded so terrible when he talked about how he doesn't sleep nearly enough. Being sleep deprived you might think you're doing very well but you're not. I remember reading somewhere that driving when you've been awake too long is basically the same as driving drunk, you can't focus well but you think you're doing just fine. It's the same with performing. Maybe a couple months break would be good for him. I don't think his live playing is terrible but it is sloppy at times. Doesn't ruin the atmosphere of the show but the guitar playing is why people listen to this band.

Alexi said on radio rock that he has had to sort of relearn his playing positions because he has played in kinda awkward positions to be in less pain. (the shoulder issue) If he took a break that would probably help this too.

Also, am I forced to join facebook again bc of bodom :D last summer there was a competition and then there was the q&a and now that...

#1059 tragician, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  20. (__Joonas__)

I thought Bodom were supposed to do the new album this autumn. But there's all this touring. There's really no information on their tours or plans anymore, just complete silence. I guess they want to continue this ancient setlist thing while it's in their memory, before shifting focus to new material. I'd like to know how well this tour has pulled people compared to normal setlists.

Next spring comes the new album and then starts touring for that. Then by beginning of 2020 they'll do a FTR full album tour, I'm pretty sure. Given all these weird songs they're broken that mental barricade and can definitely pull off Taste of My Scythe and Northern Comfort, too. I think that will be a good time to trigger nostalgia for that album / time period of people who liked it back in 2000.

PS, In the Shadows worked great, shame they stopped playing it. I think there's something wrong about how Hatebreeder sounds live now, I think it's because the anger and the vocals and lyrics were surprisingly essential with that song (the chorus sucked always, but other than that it's a gem) and it's lacking in that regard now.

#1060 (__Joonas__), Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017