This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Long Way Home - One Man Band cover

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by VictorBorba, Jul 2, 2013.

1. VictorBorba

VictorBorba New Metal Member

Hey guys!

I did a cover of Long Way Home where I played all the instruments. It'd be awesome if you guys checked it out and let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/HnYrKDng_-4

Regards,
    Victor Borba

2. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

First of all, "Welcome to the forum, Victor"!

Ok, so 'Long Way Home':
    Instrumental-wise: very well done (and also pretty impressive for a 16-year old guy to play 4 instruments that well), that was very cool to watch !
    Vocal-wise: in all honesty, not my cup of tea....but kudos for trying though (of course, your voice is still young and will develop in time) :) .

Keep up the good work :kickass: !!

3. AndreasBlomqvist

AndreasBlomqvist Mr. Bassman

Dude! That was utterly Amazing!

You get an A for effort, that's for sure. I respect the amount of work that goes into something like that and I am thankful for your support.

The Jenny-impersonation was pretty hilarious!! :-D

4. haloa92

haloa92 New Metal Member

Dude. That was amazing. I quote kazar on the vocal aspec, but dude, you have huuuuuuge room for improvement, I see a really bright future for you. And the solo was just peerless.

5. VictorBorba

VictorBorba New Metal Member

Kazar, I appreciate the feedback. I'm happy you liked all my instrumental playing, thank you! I am practicing my vocals and slowly improving my technique everyday. It's a bit tougher self-teaching, but I'll keep it coming :D

Andreas, it really means a lot to hear from you. I love you guys' work; your compositions and your skills you all possess with your instruments are very inspiring. You put lots effort into those things, so as a musician, it's the least I could do to show my support. Yup, my poor mother had to see my female side, what can you if it's a one-MAN-band cover and there's female vocals in there XD? I haven't been having a good week, so I hope you know you made someone very happy :) thank you!

Halo, thanks for the feedback! The solo was the first hard guitar thing I've ever learned (I self-taught myself, so I only play when it's for YouTube covers or for writing guitar parts), so I'm happy you like it :). And as I said to Kazar, I'm working on dem pipes:
    Next summer a year from now, before I head off to university for 12 years of becoming a surgeon, I plan on one man band covering all 30 minutes of The Great Escape as my final video, let's see how my voice will be by then, guys :D