Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by causeunknown, Dec 22, 2020.
Thanks in advance for listening and any constructive criticism. I appreciate it!
Hi there! Cool stuff, but let's start with a bit of crit! Yes, I know that Soundcloud is the worst place to upload your music on 'cause it turns everything to mp3 128 kbps and ruins the sound but...
1) Drums are way too fake. That hi-hat is very confusing. You need to spend some time humanizing the overall drum perfomance. Even if it's midi it must not sound like a robot. Also drums sound is weak.
2) Missing low-end. There might be several reasons for that.
3) Guitars are very scooped (maybe it was the goal, I dunno) and very 80s. Lacking punch.
4) Overall sound is good for demo only to show your ideas to someone or to send it to vocalist for laying down his parts.
5) I didn't mean to hurt you in no way, you've asked for crit - I gave you crit, bro!
Appreciate the feedback! Writing and programming drums are definitely some of my weak points, but i went ahead and did a complete remix to and new drums in accordance with your feedback.
Much better but I feel that guitars overpowering the drums. The main impact should be from drums and bass, you won't get "heaviness" if you just enhance the guitars.
As for the drums - snare is kinda boxy, try to add some highs (maybe some 8000 Hz) and attenuate that muddy area (around 400-500 Hz).
As for the bass - I can barely hear it. It's lacking bite. More presence, bro! It's fucken death-metal - you need to hear that bass lines!
I kinda agree with what Tom said before. The snare sound is a bit boxy and the guitars are very scooped, they feel a little bit weak IMHO.
Nice man. What did you use for the guitars? Vst or real amp?