This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looks like IMMORTAL is reuniting!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Purveyor Of Evil, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

I love this band bigtime! Abbath said he has been in contact with Horgh about resurrecting the band. God, I hope it's true! Abbath also has another band soon to be released on disc called I. That's right. The letter I. I personally like it. Even though I'm sure some schmuck on the planet will find a way to misspell it. Anyway, LONG LIVE IMMORTAL!

2. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Sweet! Would love to see Immortal back together. I'm also looking forward to I.

3. testofwills

testofwills Member

very great news..I;m also interested in his I project as well...

4. alex@wastefall

alex@wastefall New Metal Member

I love this band! That's awesome news. I hope they will come back and kick some ass! Please guys post whatever you find out about the subject! I'll do likewise. I didn't enjoy Sons of Northern Darkness but At the Heart of Winter is the best Black Metal record ever released!:headbang:

5. dargormudshark

dargormudshark Senior Member

They need to have their reunion show on a snow-covered mountain in the northernmost point of Norway. With torches blazing all around them in chaotic satanic glory. :lol:

6. BlindPanzer

BlindPanzer Iced Guardian was taken:)

HA! Was that pun intended?

7. StewiesSexyParties

Sweet! I would love to see this band live sometime. The first time I ever listened to Sons of Northern Darkness I kept looking at the cover and saying to myself "I can't believe I'm actually enjoying this album". Not a fan of the corpse paint and battle armor, but the music kicks ass so I don't really care.

8. sloppyj03

sloppyj03 New Metal Member

Long live tr00 Norwegian Blawk Metull.

9. Dark One

Dark One The Tainted Dogma

Quoted for truth.

10. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

I love the image, actually. The corpse paint, armor, and weapons just makes it all that much better!

11. TheGraveDigger

TheGraveDigger Heavy Metal Maniac

Very cool. I saw the final live show of this band before splitting up at BB Kings in NYC on Saturday May 3, 2003 along with Painmuseum, Carnal Forge, Amon Amarth, Primal Fear, Testament, and Halford. That was set up to be one hell of a tour. Aside from being Immortal's last performance it was also the last night of that tour as it was cut short due to many problems.

12. YtseJammer

YtseJammer Member

I saw them open for Manowar. Terrible. Just my opinion.

13. BlackenedDawn

BlackenedDawn Member

I remember the short lived Halford/Testament tour. I remember reading all about this, and wanting to see Halford/Testament and Amon Amarth together, and PAINMUSEUM so bad, and it just fell apart. I forgot Immortal was to be a part of it. Remember when Mayhem was going to be on Danzig's wasteful tour that never happened? I can't believe Primal Fear was on that bill. Just reading all of those bands together takes me back to that sad period of buildup leading to failure. At least you were lucky enough to see this.

Back to the topic, Immortal only got stronger with each album. I would love to have them reunite, and fucking come back to America on a solid tour, unlike this afformentioned failure and their 30 min Manowar warmup. "Darker than all days before. Darker than all years before!!" Hopefully in the 5 years we have been without Immortal they focus less on their cheesy imagery and more on being as dominant as their music. Musically they were one of the strongest bands in their genre. Long Live IMMORTAL!

14. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Great news. I would love to see some semblance of them live (even without Demonaz). Apparently, though, he will be in on the song-writing process of both the I project and any new Immortal stuff.

15. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

That was MARDUK (not Mayhem) who were to go on tour with Danzig.

I saw Immortal twice live (Manowar tour, and then the Halford Gods of Metal tour). Great live band.

I too am not the biggest black metal fan, but enjoy and appreciate Immortal more than most of that genre.

The reunion seems kinda quick, no?

16. Dark One

And you're more than entitled to your opinion, though I'm assuming you were there for Manowar? Just curious, do you have any fondness for bands in the black metal/melodic black metal realm? If so, which ones?

17. TheGraveDigger

TheGraveDigger Heavy Metal Maniac

Wrong. The tour line up was set to be Danzig, Death Angel, Devildriver, Doyle, Mayhem, and Eyes of Fire but was cancelled. Marduk was never to be part of the Blackest of the Black line up.

However...

April 2002

Finally the long awaited Danzig 777 I Luciferi is set
    for release on May 21st with tour to start May 29th
    We will be posting tour dates on the site within a week so check back. This leg of the tour will run untill the end of July 2002 and will feature an all new stage set design. Pending INS approval, support will be by legendary Black Metal bad boys "MARDUK." More info to be announced soon.
    Be on the lookout for upcoming Danzig interviews in the following magazines: Metal Maniacs, Rock Hard, Metal Hammer UK and Germany, Terrorizer, Revolver, and many more to be announced.

18. YtseJammer

YtseJammer Member

Dark Tranquility

19. Dark One

Actually, they're melodic death, not melodic black - but perhaps you thought that's what I meant? Anyway, if they're at the high end of what you can tolerate as far as music containing an aggressive approach and growls, then I can understand your aversion to a band like Immortal (purely based on the music, not appearance or live performance).

The reason I asked you the question is that those who have a fondness for the type of music in the vein of Immortal, tend to dig Immortal, who are very highly regarded in the genre. My guess is that if you think they're terrible, you would probably have the same reaction to the majority of bands in the realm. Thanks.

BTW - I love Dark Tranquillity :kickass:

20. YtseJammer

YtseJammer Member

Exactly. Just don't like the genre itself. I guess it has nothing to do with the band Immortal, more of a stylistic thin...although the facepaint is just plain ridiculous!:lol: