This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LORD - The Espy, Melbourne - December 12th 2009

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Aussie_Metalchild, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Lol, while you're there hanging back on the Ales, might like to remind Mark to do the same thing this time :p
    I'm still lol'ing over the art house gig antics.

2. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Ahh, that was a fun night!!

Lay off the beer? Be like asking the man not to fart, that ain't gonna happen!!:p
    I'm sure he will behave himself. :saint:

3. Sargeant Squidlips

Sargeant Squidlips Handsome Devil

Crikey, thought I only had 1 mother! Neverfear, these last 2 shows are gonna tear ass. I refuse to hold back the farting however, so spike, stay by my side:puke:

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

The ESP guitar that's being given away on the night arrived today and it's bloody stunning! Really nice looking guitar. It's worth coming along just for the chance to win it :p

5. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

So what's the deal with that, raffle tix at the door?

6. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

If it's how we did it last time (should be) you get a ticket at the door and we pull it out of a bucket onstage somewhere during the course of the night. :)

7. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Coolies.

TOMORROW PEOPLE!!!!!!!

8. zac905@hotmail.com

zac905@hotmail.com Triton Metal

Alright people! we pumped for this one! OK since the only other metalhead I know is on the other side of the earth, I'm doing this one solo, so I'm gonna have to make some new friends tomorrow night! so how about it!...who wants to be my friend for the night!....no...no one fair enough, I'm pumped anyway.

So if anyone sees the weird skinny little guy with long silky blond hair and a maiden shirt standing on his own, come up and talk to him and he'll shout you a free round of fine Ales or whatever beverages take your fancy!:kickass:

9. Sargeant Squidlips

Haha, your shout? we're gonna be great friends, I can feel it:lol:

10. zac905@hotmail.com

zac905@hotmail.com Triton Metal

Shit! I feel as though I've already dug myself into a bit of hole here!

11. Bucko

Bucko Member

ESKY !!!!!

12. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Haha, epic gig. Great songs guys. Good to hear some Resurrection material again. Love it. Great chatting to you too. Cheers for coming down again.

Hopefully the Storm warriors, er, uh, Winterstorm will have the "All in group challenge" uploaded soon for all to enjoy.

13. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

So annoyed I missed the gig. Sorry I didn't get to shoot you guys. I went hiking with a couple of mates and it took us ALOT longer to get home than expected. :mad:

How was the turn out?

14. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Turnout looked to be good. People were near the stage AND at the back for once haha. Good to see more than just the regular faces too. Not sure if that was due to the other bands playing or if it's proof of the fans diversifying.

15. SMiM

SMiM www.metalobsession.net

16. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Woot! Great pics! :D

Like I mentioned in the Gaelic show thread, cheers for everyone who rocked up! Even though numbers are down right across the country for domestic bands, we still got a respectable crowd in through the doors, and it looked like everyone had a good time, which is the most important thing, no matter how many people were actually there. :)

The set:

Spectres Of The Ascendant
    Redemption
    100 Reasons
    Set In Stone
    Eternal Storm
    Netherlife
    Insanity's Fall
    Where Madness Hides
    Stormchaser
    Tarranno Del Mar
    Through The Fire
    Footsteps In The Sand
    (guitar duel / raffle)
    Paradise
    I Am Death

and the entire band (except Mark) came back to do The Legend Of Huma with Winterstorm in the late set. (Which was great fun!) :)

Now being LORD and this being Melbourne, we couldn't get away with a show without some tech disasters! HAHA!

The first big one was Mark having literally no voice at all due to a serious throat infection, so that counted his vocals out entirely for the night. That was a bit tricky to work around, but we managed. The second was the blister that ripped open on my finger the night before got even worse, to the point where I couldn't hold down the string with that finger at all. Argh! So I had a cunning plan! I'll superglue a new layer of "skin" over the top... like so:

[​IMG]

It worked PERFECTLY! :D .... for about 2 minutes! :cry: ... until the bits of glue actually shattered and came off in flakes on the rawest part of my finger and got caught under the strings and ripped off. :erk:

So plan B was a band-aid. Not just any old band-aid, but one with skull and crossbones on there! (Thanks, Sayo! :D ) That actually worked out pretty well for introducing Tarranno Del Mar, and gave me a great excuse as to why I lost the guitar duel! HAHA! Seriously though, that band-aid may have saved me from agony but man it was hard to play with! So many dud notes! HAHA! Oh well!

The other good bit of tech drama was my first solo in Redemption. Wow. So who's still got sore ears, hey? HAHA! I just got a new pedal board and a POD X3. Killer unit but it's set up a little different to the XT that I had before, and the default settings (unless you explicitly tell it otherwise) assumes the volume pedal is around 50% instead of all the way up, no matter what position it may be in. You need to touch it to change the actual volume, or change patches. Well, I had to quickly load my patches into the X3 before the tour and I forgot to tell it to assume things were 100% and not 50% so when we connected everything back up again, it all reset.

Marita, the sound engineers goes "is your guitar quieter?" "Yeah it is, I'll just turn up" "No probs, sounding good now" ... and it did. Until I changed patches and it all went back to the "real" volume it should have been... which was now DEAFENING! :err: Oh well, woke everyone up, didn't it? :p

All up, it was a fun night (except for the Nazi Espy security guards as usual) and a fantastic way to end the tour. Melbourne people - thank you!! We know there's a lot of stuff on at this time of year, but for everyone who could make it, we appreciate it very much.

See you all again sometime in 2010! :headbang:

17. Moshy

Moshy Member

Great gig guys :headbang::kickass: congrats to all involved.

Turn out looked to be pretty good I thought. Also good to see you guys weren't the last band. The last couple of times & I could be wrong here, I've got the impression your set has had to be finished up early. The earlier than normal start was also good for an ageing Metal Head like myself & was good from the point of view, that I don't think I'd have got any non metal mates to the gig if you were on any later.

Only technical difficulties at my end was from waaaaaay too many bevies (hope you got a percentage of the bar takings hahaha). Apologies to anybody I may have pissed off on the night.

18. strat83

strat83 New Metal Member

F*cken' awesome show fellas, I am pretty sure I was the only one yelling "Yarrr" initially for Tarranno Del Mar. Can't wait for more shows! :D

19. LORD866

LORD866 Metal Machine

Best show i have ever been to, you guys are the best live band i have ever seen, i thought you were awesome at The Arthouse, but you were even better at The Espy. Standing right at the front of the stage was an awesome experiance, that first solo was quite loud though, bit of a shock, but i loved it.
    Also, strat83, i was yelling out to, in fact i yelled out to anything the band did, haha. Can't wait to see you guys again in 2010, hopefully wither Winterstorm again, they were also awesome, second best band of the night, after LORD.

20. Sargeant Squidlips

Glad lots of you enjoyed it, I feel pretty bad about not being able to back up the guys with vocals, having everyone on the frontline on vocal duty makes a big difference to the quality of a show but Andy and Tim did awesome holding the fort without my aid. Id only lost my voice the day before so Im f**king spewing our last two shows lacked a little bit because of my poor health. Anyway, thanks to all for coming, especially Rob, good to see some dedicated metal heads making a strong effort to support us and the scene while actually still enjoying being there. Cheers.