This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LORD to support Iced Earth on their debut Australian tour (April 2012)

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Aussie_Metalchild, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

I'm really not digging Iced Earth with the new vocalist. Shame, I would've loved to have seen them with Barlow. And probably still would've gone if it was Ripper. But eh.

2. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore/Andy's ManSWOS

Actually, do you guys know if the IE meat & greet will be before or after the show?

3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

No idea - we don't have a work sheet yet, and there's a good chance that all we'll be told is performance times and stuff relating to us. Sorry, man!

4. Nitephyre

No worries mate :)

Apparently the VIP buyers are being sent stuff so I hope it arrives soon... helps to make plans for us outta towners :D

5. Nitephyre

So guys... next weeeeeeeeeeeeek! All warmed up I hope. Also, since I'm getting married two weeks after this gig, I'm treating it as a bucks party so Andeh, buy me a drink manswos :D

6. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

Supposedly the meet and greet is before the show. My friend in Melbourne told me she got confirmation the other day that its before the show.

I've told the Exford Hotel in Melbourne (the pub across the road from Billboard the Venue) to expect metal heads before the show. This pre-show gathering has no affiliation with the Soundworks VIP meet and greet. Its just an opportunity for people attending to rock up early and have a beer before the show and talk metal and so forth.

I've put on a couple of pre-show gatherings there in the past. However, we can't go upstairs due to comedy week in Melbourne. I guess will have to do with cheap beer, pool tables, a buck hunter arcade machine and a jukebox filled with metal, rock and 80's music downstairs.

I've told management to expect metal heads to rock up around 6:30.

http://www.facebook.com/events/198350700276244

7. Nitephyre

Woot, got the email today. Meat & Greet is after the show, which works out nicely :D

8. Moshy

Moshy Member

What time is LORD scheduled to come on tomorrow night in Melbourne?

9. Lord Tim

Should be about 8:30pm and we're doing a quick 40 minute set. :)

10. Nitephyre

40 minutes?!?!?!?

I guess I can handle that... can't wait boys! Should I bring some undies to throw at Andy? :D

11. Nitephyre

Rightio, see you in 15hrs boys... it's PLANE TIME ZOOOOOOM!

12. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Throw whatever you wish!

(I may regret that)

13. Nitephyre

Fucking killer night guys... I am absolutely motherfucked. I still haven't had any proper sleep yet, just maybe 30mins on a bench in Hyde Park like a hobo and a tiny bit more on the plane. So that's from 4am Thursday to now! :p I have some awesome photos I'll stick on my website and link plus video of A Rise to Power and Creeping Death that I can Youtube if you don't mind me doing so.

Good to catch up again Andeh and can't wait till y'all back in Brissy :D

\m/att :)

14. mk93

mk93 Member

So I came on yesterday to check what time lord were due to start their set and found 8:30... not realising tim said it was for melbourne! i almost cried when i arrived at 8:20 and a rise to power was starting up, and turned out to be the 2nd last song! so caught that (how long since its been played live??) and the fantastic creeping death cover.

anyway, can someone post set list please?
    IE were fantastic too!

15. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

16. Lord Tim

Agh. I'm so fucking sore right now. My legs and neck especially are killing me! 15 months off hey? I'm feelin' it!

Awesome welcome back to the stage by everyone. I didn't think it would happen because it's been a bit hit-or-miss for us since about 2003-ish, but Melbourne was the most welcoming out of the two cities this time. A great reaction from 1000 people. Sydney was still great, of course, but slightly more subdued.

I'd tend to say that had a bit to do with the sound for us. We only had one sound guy looking after the monitor mix and the front of house audience sound (which we only found out about on the night) and worse, unlike some FOH desks, the monitor desk was up on stage and you couldn't control any levels unless you were there. Not a big deal if everything goes well - you set and forget at your soundcheck and then you make adjustments out front to the audience mix. Unfortunately for us, there were dramas happening all day sound-wise for both us and Iced Earth. We had a very reduced time to get a sound at all, then after we had it sorted, out of nowhere came a massive hum that noone could track down. Lots of troubleshooting later and it turned out to be a dead connection in a junction box on stage. Sorted that out and got ready for doors - which were late, and in fact didn't open properly until we'd been told to start. :bah:

Worse, the troubleshooting left me with a muted guitar in my monitor mix, and since I was stuck over on the side of the stage away from my amp, I heard basically nothing for the first 4 songs, and only during A Rise To Power did it come back... BLASTING loud, as well as my vocals cranked in all of the monitors for everyone across the front of the stage. Argh!!

Oh well, thems are the breaks when you're the opening band. We could be divas about it and demand things to be fixed or get upset, but it's not our show. Our job is to get the crowd pumped to give the headliner the best possible reaction and I reckon we did just that. :)

But gripes aside, we had a fucking great time and it was amazing seeing everyone again after so long! I know the IE guys are way stoked about how it all went over and they thought both Melbourne and Sydney were simply brilliant.

Cheers, all! :)

17. Nitephyre

Yeah I noticed at the start, especially in Rise that there was sound troubles as your vocals and guitar were cutting out. Didn't bother me though as we know your stuff anyway :D You guys sure were tight for having had a long time off touring, can't wait for more :)

I'm still rooted and I was only an audience member :p

18. JetHead

JetHead FTT

Any plans to record the Creeping Death cover?

19. Lord Tim

Not at this stage but it does sound like a fun idea. Maybe one day? :)

20. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

bloody hope so is fuckin killer :devil: