This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LOST

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by princess_of_the_night2112, Sep 13, 2005.

1. princess_of_the_night2112

princess_of_the_night2112 Goddess of Metal

Anyone else totally hooked on this programme. It was being totally hyped up on television and I just tuned in basically to see what all the fuss was about. Watched the first episode a few weeks ago and then straight after episode one you could flick over to E4 I think it was and catch episode 2 & 3 - and that was me totally addicted to it now. It's all about these survivorsof a plane crash being stranded on this deserted island and how they manage to get along with each other but all is not what it seems as strange things start happening like there's some weird animals in the jungle (and I'm not just talking about that polar bear). I'm not really too sure what is going on but a few of the survivors see a strange character always lurking in the distance but they can never find him and he wasn't anyone on the plane. Also it flashes back to the lives of the survivors and some of them have a few skeletons in their closets to say the least. It's really great, never miss an episode but it's on for something like 26 weeks - till the middle of February!!!!

2. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

I dont actually watch TV, i only use it for dvds, xbox and ps2. The only "TV programme" i do watch is the new version of Battlestar Galactica which i download each week, its awesome, i shit you not. Its nothing like the original which was kinda cheesy! But i have read good things about 'Lost' perhaps il dl some and have a look!

3. princess_of_the_night2112

Yes I don't watch much box either Valanx, only Coronation Street and Emmerdale - yes I am gay I know - but I'd heard such brill things about Lost so just watched the first episode out of curiositybut I really didn't think I would fancy it - but it's quite addictive, especially when you realise that a lot of the survivors have got stuff they would rather hide about their previous lives if you catch my drift. You could still follow it even if you just started watching it this Wednesday night - tis gripping stuff indeed.

4. midnightrider

midnightrider Member

I've watched every episode still waiting for something to happen it seems to be dragging out too long,i am slowly coming to the conclusion that it is shite.I bet it turns out they are all ghosts at the end

5. princess_of_the_night2112

I know what you mean Midnightrider, not really much happens in any of the episodes but I am still glued to the screen. I don't know how they can really drag it out for 26 weeks but this is only the first series, there is a second series as well!!!!!

I haven't really got a clue what's going on - at first when there was some sort of monster thingy in the jungle, I thought it was going to be like a dinosour and they had ended up in some sort of Jurassic Park type place. But now I sort of think that they are in hell or somewhere like that - I think they have all actually died on the plane and this is what hell is like. But then again, I sort of think they have survived the plane crash and have ended up on some island where there is a loony scientiest wanting them for his mental experiments. Hmmmm it is intriguing.

I know someone who has seen it all in America and every now and again I'm tempted to ask what the hell is going on. I don't think I can last for 26 weeks, I really need to find out quite soon what's happening cos the suspense is nearly killing me.

6. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Yep, we've been watching Lost too! It is quite good - but I think I have sussed out how it can last 26 weeks - it shows five minutes of the programme then goes to the adverts! So what should be an hour long programme only ends up being about half an hour if you take the ads out!

7. princess_of_the_night2112

That's right Sammi, I meant to say that's the one thing that totally annoys me about that programme. It is practically every 5 minutes the adverts come on, you're just getting into it and then it goes to the ads. It's a complete pain in the rear end. Same with that CSI which is about the only other programme that I'm quite into - you're just getting into the juicy bits and then the ads come on - its on for an hour as well but probably you only really get about half an hour of the actual programme which is just bollocks.

8. CRUSADER747

CRUSADER747 \\Power Metal Maniac//

The only TV programes i watch are Neighbours, The Simpsons, The News, and Doctor Who. And of course if there is a good film on.
    Oh, and anything with Adam Hart Davis in it, on UKTV History :worship: (i must have watched 'what the romans did for us' e.t.c dozens of times - great stuff)
    I think Lost is on when im going to the pub anyway, so given the choice, the pub wins EVERY time :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

9. princess_of_the_night2112

LOL you watch Neighbours Crusader, hahaha, I didn't know any guys watched that programme. I only follow 2 soaps, Corrie and Emmerdale, they both rock, I never miss an episode, well unless I'm out at a concert of course. I love that CSI and I also watch on the Discovery Channel Forensic Detectives, Medical Detectives and the FBI Files. I really love The Real Forensic Detectives which I've not seen for ages, so it might not be on any more, but you get to see tons of real life gore at real crime scenes, its pretty pukey sometimes, but I am a ghoul at heart and love it.

10. princess_of_the_night2112

It's a Sunday night I watch Lost on E4, so watched last night's episode and it was really good. That Sawyer one is a right bad yin isn't he - pretending to have that girl's inhaler, took a right good beating for not handing it over, but he didn't have it in the first place. Tell you something, you wouldn't have to ask me twice to give him a kiss - WOW he's delicious. Definitely my favourite character in the programme - Mmmmm yum yum!!!!

Think I heard on the news this morning that Lost got some sort of award at the Emmy's - and quite rightly so, cos its great stuff.

11. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Ahh I spend many a Saturday night up until 1-2am watching Forensic Detectives and FBI files! Great stuff.

12. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Yeah, don't I bloody know it!! :Shedevil: :lol: Can he come and live with you Princess? :lol:

13. CRUSADER747

I wish i could stay awake till 2 am, but im allways pissed by 11:30 on a fri / sat night, so i have to pass out on my bed :kickass:

14. princess_of_the_night2112

LOL, certainly Sammi, as long as he's got long dair hair and isn't a "useless tit" hehehe.

15. princess_of_the_night2112

Tut tut tut Crusader and you wonder why you canny get yourself a burd lol!!!!

16. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Errrmmmmm.... lol Well, he has just mowed the garden, does he get brownie points for that?? lol :D He hasn't got the long hair I'm afraid - I'll go out and get him some extensions tomorrow!! :lol:

17. CRUSADER747

LOL. I won't pull anyone if i stay in now would i, and if im anywhere near a bar i can't help but prop it up :D

Anyway, the only thing that gets pulled when im out . . .

Are Pints Of Beer :yell:

18. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Let me know when you girls are done with arranging my life! :lol:

19. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Will do darlin' - just as soon as me and the Princess have come to some suitable arrangement! :lol:

20. Twisted Tony

Twisted Tony Old School Metalhead

Well if you think they are going to answer any questions in the 1st episode of the 2nd season, THINK AGAIN! It just gets even more confusing. But I've been hooked since the 1st episode last year.