This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Loudness

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by heavycelli, Mar 12, 2006.

1. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

Does anybody know a good website fom Loudness? I like the guitarplaying from Akira Takasaki... in fact I like the whole music...he is on lonely top I think with his playing...never bought an album from Loudness, I listened to Lightening strikes etc..but have no CD in my collection, and I think they deserve that so... anyone a suggestion from a good website? or cd that really must be in my collection?

For the fans!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXqBOok0eE0&search=loudness

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GCPCaKz8p6g&search=loudness

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIScXJt3I&search=loudness

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ4Re8jKWU&search=loudness

2. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Member

Here is one for you Heavy there official site it is called loudness on site www3.live.co.jp/loudness/top/

3. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Member

If that one do's not work then try this one

www.takasaki.net

4. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Me too my friend, he is an amazing guitarist!!! The album soldier of fortune was/is my favourite by loudness!

Thanks for the youtube links!!!!

5. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Member

If you liked soldier get there first three japan only releases if you want to hear some kick ass rock -n-roll they are the best ones I think by far

6. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

Thx very much RicknRoll. :) I have Birthday Eve on cassette it was my first contact with this band..The song dark desire from another album which I have on cassette is fantastic too.. Hope it is on cd, I will have a look.. Thx for the info..

7. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Member

Your welcome Heavy, they have a DVD of there live album "Live Loud live Loudness in Tokyo" which is hard to get for the US region but if I cold get a copy of it would be great

8. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Member

"Live Loud Alive" is available on DVD?!?!? Wow, where did you find that out? I've never seen it, but I have a boot DVD which has footage from that era plus the "Eurobounds" DVD from '84. It's a cheap VHS transfer I got on Ebay, but it's still cool to watch.

Album-wise, my favorite is probably "Disillusion" from '84, and I really like the stuff before that, but "Soldier" is pretty cool too, as is "Thunder In The East." The albums in between those (is, "HUrricane Eyes") I didn't like as much- too polished.

By the way, I just found out recently that the original lineup is going to tour the US this year! Hoping to see them in Hartford, CT at the end of the month. :Smokin::headbang: