This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MacBook Core2Duo

Discussion in 'Backline' started by smy1, Sep 12, 2007.

1. smy1

smy1 Member

Hey guys,

I just ordered a macbook core2duo 13" (the small white one) mainly for video editing with Final Cut Pro. I also ordered a DVI adapter to use one of my 22" screens with it.

The thing has 2GB RAM and a 250gb 5400 RPM harddrive.

Will that be enough for on-location audio recording (with a firepod) every now and then? Mixing will be on my audio-workstation.

2. Metaltastic

Metaltastic Member

More than enough, without a doubt - just make sure to disable wireless networking when you do (wreaks havoc on the sync of my USB interfaces, so there's all kinda jitter and clicks/pops - maybe the fact that you have a MAC and are using firewire negates the problem, but better safe than sorry)

3. Metaltastic

Metaltastic Member

Ooh, you'll probably want an external hard drive with a faster RPM rate, though

4. Jarkko Mattheiszen

Jarkko Mattheiszen The FU guy.

Definitiely good enough. I've heard of problems with Apple's wireless interface and Firepods, too, so you might have to disable it while recording, but other than that, it should be fine.

5. Thorax the Herdsman

Thorax the Herdsman Procrastinating Fuck

What everybody else has said :) I'm using a MacBook with 2GB RAM and I've had not problems yet. I recommend the Western Digital MyBook firewire drive too, it's what I use and seems to work pretty nicely.