This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Making friends as an adult male

Discussion in 'RC' started by ChaosLee, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Opeth17

Opeth17 Bill Ward's Red Pants

I haven't really had friends with common interests since perhaps high school if not elementary school. When I was in high school I got my best friend into heavier forms of metal than "teh nu" and we went to shows in addition to just being dude bros. We've lived in different states now for years and I have a family so we don't see each other much. Other than that, I've never had a friend since childhood that I share any common interests with. I met tons of people in college that are almost all just Facebook acquaintances now because that stuff was shallow for the most part. Part of the problem is that my interests are a little obscure, but I can't even find non-internet people to have substantive conservations with about things like history. For the most part I'm content to just hang out with my wife and kids, but every once in awhile I think it would be nice to have a male friend to talk metal, religion, history, etc. with.

2. theoden236

theoden236 Soul Wandering

3. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

Not much has changed since my last post except that I'd say I've gained three really good friends from work, and I've been really thankful for them lately. Two of the three are guys, of course.