This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Making the change-over from Physical Media.

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by jhallum, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Exploding Ned

Exploding Ned Member

When I'm straining my guts out moving, it'll feel great knowing I'm not also lugging a skidillion records and CDs along... all just to make sure I keep my rep up with people who won't be there helping me move anyway. HA

2. Exploding Ned

Exploding Ned Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin G View Post
    Unless your stuff is really common, you'd do better than that here. C'mon man, don't box us out!

If you're looking for less money, Justin's always your go-to guy. :loco:

3. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

For those who have made the digital switch, I am also curious to know what kind of device you are using for listening in the car. Streaming off your phone? Or carrying an iPod or other device around everywhere? I will be very sad when it comes time to part with my 6-CD changer...

4. nailz

nailz Member

Car? I remember those.

I stream from my phone, and using Spotify, or from my laptop at work. I'll dropbox a selection if it's not on spotify or if I know I'll want something specific.

5. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

I play my iPod Classic through my car radio that has a USB interface. That's how I play most of my music in my car. Once in a while I still play actual CDs!

Unfortunately, the iPod Classic is no longer being made so I don't know how much longer that will be an option. The radio can also play directly from a USB stick so I may move to that down the road.

I've seen cars newer than mine (I have a 2012) that have a Bluetooth interface, so you could stream direct from your phone. Just put in a large micro SD card for the music you want to play.

One of my other cars has a 6 CD changer, so I know how you feel! :D

6. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

My car got broken into while I was working late one night and I lost my entire book of CDs. Since then I installed a radio with USB on the front and that's how I've traveled with tunes ever since. I have 3 CDs in my car right now (and they probably say something about my tastes), Christ 0, Iconocalst, and the new BtBaM Coma Ecliptic. Those were put in for emergency use and for the times when I just forget to take the drive out of the car and swap things around. My unit's kind of stupid, though, and only supports 255 folders total on the drive plugged in.

7. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

I forgot that some modern cars have a hard drive where you can rip your CDs into your car radio. I know SkiBumMSP has this in his car. I've ridden in it enough times to know! :)

8. Justin G

Justin G Member

I have been known to enjoy a good bargain, yes. :lol:

9. esa

esa Member

Bluetooth from smartphone running Google Play Music or Spotify, $10/mo subscription for no ads and to allow saving albums and playists to device (optional.) Most new cars have BT connectivity; for older cars, as long as you have an aux input, this dongle provides high-quality BT audio and remote control.