This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Manowar/Bathory cross reference thread **

Discussion in 'RC' started by Hell Mike, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Hell Mike

Hell Mike fuck melodic black metal

Hello dear friends,

I need some help with a thing me and a buddy have been talking about. Bathory have more or less shamelessly stolen/borrowed/been influenced by lots of stuff, most notably (?) Manowar. In this thread I want you fellows to help me compile similarities in an orderly fashion, preferably in this format:

1) Song/album titles
    2) Similarity description (lyric quote, time, other description)
    3) Similarity level on a scale from one to ten where a one is "well, kinda sorta feels the same a little bit and a ten is a blatant copy
    4) link (youtube or something) to both songs, possibly to the right place in the song if that works.

Feel free to add and help out as best you can.

I have a few starters to get this shit going:

---
    The Oath/Blood Fire Death
    Lyrics, line:
    False prophets and deceivers (shall) swing from the trees

This is short but a solid 8 at least I think

Manowar:
    Bathory:
    ---
    Gates of Valhalla/Blood Fire Death
    Rythm/riff/drum pattern

Another solid 8 or a 9 even, used a bunch of times by both bands really but this here is very blatant

Manowar:
    Bathory:
    ---
    Bridge of Death/Enter the Eternal Fire
    ... are kind of the same song in many ways and both are awesome and many points in the lyrics are similar and the general feel of the songs and the theme and so forth

And regarding everything else, I'm not saying that Bathory are bad or plagiarizing more than anyone else or anything (best band in the world), I just want to get the similarities noted in an orderly fashion
    ----
    The seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecret of steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee ee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
    ----
    Pretty much all of Twilight of the Gods and Blood on Ice is Thor the Powerhead and Manowar in general

I have a few more jotted down as well but this will do for now, please fill in as you please and make a great big complete list, and if there's anything else that needs to be included, feel free to add it. My vision is a grand PowerPoint presentation complete with swooshy slide changes and trend diagrams and stuff.

Please help!

I also posted this on another forum because I kinda didn't think of this as an active one but I think I was wrong (even though I have checked it every day for some 15-odd years), sorry

EDIT: mentioned buddy is erkiz the perkiz ofc

EDIT 2: It seems like the built-in YT stuff doesn't jump to specified times so just listen to all the songs a bunch of times until you get it please

2. Krilons Resa

Krilons Resa High Infidelity

“My vision is a grand PowerPoint presentation complete with swooshy slide changes and trend diagrams and stuff.“

:lol:

3. Ellestin

Ellestin one-click buy

Work of a lifetime. Will buy/support by any conceivable means that does not involve a smartphone

4. CiG

CiG Harbinger of Metal

Not going to follow your rules but I think it's pretty obvious Quorthon lifted those epic choir chants from Manowar.

5. einride

einride your best friend

the bass solo break in twilight of the gods

6. KILL TULLY AGAIN

KILL TULLY AGAIN New Metal Member

Dude this should be tought in all halls of higher education.

7. NAD

NAD What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

^^^ I still have dreams that I forgot to take exactly 1 course to fulfill my bachelor's degree, so my diploma is actually invalid. Every time it happens (about once a year), I wake up in a panic. I graduated over 18 years ago.

Clearly, this is the missing class. Please sign me up so that my continual nightmare may finally end.

8. Ellestin

Ellestin one-click buy

I have the same dream, or some kind of variation where an exam is looming and I realize I haven't attended any class the whole semester. Usually happens after a generous drinking session, like most of my nightmares.