This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

Megadeth- The System Has Failed KICKS FUCKING ASS!!!!

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by Twisted Tony, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Twisted Tony

Twisted Tony Old School Metalhead

I just got an advanced copy of Megadeth's new album and all I can say is everyone here needs to buy it. This is their best album since Countdown. Dave fucking shreds on the whole album!!! It's definitely going to be one of the best releases of the year. You have to get it!

Dave did all the writing on it and his song writing has greatly improved. I don't think there is a weak track on it. :headbang:

2. Arg_Hamster

Arg_Hamster Not quite done yet...

I´ve only heard "Kick the chair" yet and that was very good... I prefer not having big hopes for new releases and maybe I´ll get a pleasant surprise.

3. dutchy

dutchy Member

who's on bass??

4. mrthrax

mrthrax riffer madness

megadeth fall into the slayer category for me,been around a long time yet i only like a handful of there songs,i will still check it out cause u never know.

5. johnnieCzech

johnnieCzech Your favourite Czech

looking forward to it very much. There´s a guy on bass named Jimmy Sloas or someone like that.

6. coop

coop Lurker Emeritus

Jimmie Lee Sloas is the guy's name. I believe he'll be on tour with them as well.

BTW, check out Dave's posts at the Megadeth forum. He really did a rip job on some former bandmates, including David Ellefson.

Rich

7. madhouse_mike234

madhouse_mike234 MEGADETH

Yeh the new album kicks ass!! Listening to somthing im not as i speak, fuck great album :headbang:

8. vojdan

vojdan Thrax,Deth,Maiden-holy 3

Well being a huge Megadeth fan too I can´t wait ´till it´s out. I´ve heard Kick the chair, Blackmail the universe and Back in the day and it kicked some MAJOR ASS!!!!! :kickass:

9. max

max Member

i heard that only 3 tracks are heavy and the rest are just lame like TWNAH.

10. I Don't Die

I Don't Die Soldier Of Metal

Dave Mustaine - Vocals, Lead & Rythm
    Nick Menza - Drums
    Jimmy Sloas - Bass

But we still dont know who the touring Guitarist is going to be.
    But Menza is back so u cant go wrong

11. Jono

Jono Hail Satan!

yep thats how it is. I was pretty dissapointed. i'll give it more listens when it comes out. patiently awaiting the remasters though!
    -Jono-

12. coop

coop Lurker Emeritus

I'm pretty sure Chris Poland played on the album. I'll double-check but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rich

13. I Don't Die

damn right Poland played on the album. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

14. Arg_Hamster

Yup, Poland played on the album and Dave is looking for a leadplayer for the tour.

Hmmm... only three heavy tracks and the rest sounds like TWNAH... I know Dave don´t want to do RIP riffs anymore so I hope the mellower songs are good and not like that crappy "1000 times goodbye" or "Promises" (or like many songs on Risk).

15. Riehlthing

Riehlthing It's "The Amish" To You

Can't wait to pick up this album. When's it coming out? I've been out of it. I would've known exactly when at my last job, but no surfing allowed at new place.

16. I Don't Die

It's like the 15th of September in the states. or sometime around there

17. THRAXjj

THRAXjj New Metal Member

Well I got an advanced copy of the new MEGADETH......and it's pretty lame. Yes, 3-4 songs are decent...but the rest is just "pretty metal". Not sure why they can't get their edge back but...this was a major letdown. The sample on the website gives you the impression that this is homebrewed Megadeth again...but it's sadly not. The album is GREAT MUSICALLY....but not a good metal album.....just like all the Megadeth album's after Countdown were good musically..but not good albums. This is more of the same....SIGH :yuk:

18. Arg_Hamster

The weird thing about Megadeth is that on each album after Countdown there is two or three very good songs (except on Risk)... except for that album they have never really crashed and burned. These gems show that Dave still got potential but I can´t understand why there are so many fillers.

19. xplicitt

xplicitt New Metal Member

Man you do not have a clue!!! As Dave M already said "If your expecting a RIP 2 your gonna be desappointed" Dave isn't in his 20's anymore and things change, when are people gonna realize that!!!??? In my opinion I think the album is great and will do well at release time. Just my .02!!!

20. THRAXjj

THRAXjj New Metal Member

I'm just not impressed. It doesn't have to be R.I.P. riffs to be a good album....I wasn't trying to insinuate that. It just sounds like more of the same. Here's the feeling I get from the album: I DON'T WANT TO BE WISHING THAT THE NEXT SONG IS ACTUALLY A HEAVY METAL SONG. We all like metal...right? This sounds more like a bunch of "rock" songs with a few (3-4) metal songs. Well..after all the radio-song quality crap on the album you really hope another metal song shows up besides the first track.....but at that point...your ready to turn it off. :Smokedev: